Proof that ACT is adding false GBs to usage (download cap)

After my ordeal with them last month, which you can read here BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage • ACT Fibernet

I turned the traffic meter built into my router, as soon as my computer booted up on the first day of the month, before I started browsing. Now I've monitored the usage closely, on ACT's portal page, and on my router's meter. And I've noticed ACT's meter start overtaking my router meter, MB by MB. It started out at 30 MB for the first few days, then suddenly spiked to 50 MB. I don't know when ACT is gonna pull last month's stunt again, as they've not resolved last month's issue in any way whatsoever. I've attached the screenshot comparing both.

wyCF0oz.png

This was at 11:10 AM, the discrepancy was 50 MB. By 2:25 PM it was:

Ru2Oo7s.png

The discrepancy had magically grown to 59 MB! In 3 hours, unprecedented for this month.

The only way this is possible is if they count uploads; but they say they don't here: ACT Broadband | Broadband High Speed | Internet Connection | Internet Plans | Internet Broadband | Broadband Bangalore (Chennai).

This is how they swindled me out of 20 GB last month. While they've been restraining themselves to megabytes so far, I don't know when they'll pull last month's fraud again.

Last edited:
We can see your account ID...

Yeah. I mentioned my account ID on the other post too. This is so ACT can't squirm out of this by saying "please share ID and we'll look into it"

Interestingly, the ACT meter now counts 64 MB than my router meter! The wifi is turned off in my router, and it calculates all data moving through the internet port anyway, so where is this mystery data being consumed from? Last month they added 20 GB of mystery data to my usage.

Ditto here
Very large uploads...15 GB yesterday. ACT scoundrels, if you have any manhood left, return money. You are perverts who exploit decent people.

Threads like these need more attention. These are serious accusations and have convinced me to stay away from ACT Broadband until I can confirm what is going on here.

Just started a new connection and ran 5-6 speed tests and I already had 2.48GB consumed within 5mins of going live. When I asked the installation guys, they advised talking to customer support. Stayed on hold for 5mins before I hung up.

Fast.com speedtest on high speed connection can easily consume 500MB. It does show the amount of data that was used during the test.

3ow5A2i.png

360MB consumed on 50mbps speedtest. Used to cross 500MB when i was on 100mbps plan.

what i noticed is when YOU configure your router on PPPOE mode ACT Fibernet selfcare page shows high usage if you Use your router in DHCP mode
and login using
selfcare.actcorp.in
it shows the correct data used
thanks

Fast.com speedtest on high speed connection can easily consume 500MB. It does show the amount of data that was used during the test.
ya when speed goes high bandwidth usage goes high as well
due to devices playing video in HD ETC

3ow5A2i.png

360MB consumed on 50mbps speedtest. Used to cross 500MB when i was on 100mbps plan.

Yeah, it could be the case. Never had to worry about data consumption as never used a FUP plan before. I ran fast.com test once, speedtest.net test twice and DigitalOcean speed test (for non peered hosts) thrice.

what i noticed is when YOU configure your router on PPPOE mode ACT Fibernet selfcare page shows high usage if you Use your router in DHCP mode
and login using
selfcare.actcorp.in
it shows the correct data used
thanks
What's the difference? For now, I have my ACT plugged into desktop directly and using a dial-up connection, while Excitel is in router serving wifi.