How to shut down DMAT and Savings account with ICICI Bank?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,289
js8HMUz.png

woo.

though i was supposed to get a refund of rs. 250 for the remaining time period in the financial year. that has not arrived yet. i guess i would wait till the end of the month before closing the savings account.

At least two ICICI Bank employees have called me complaining about me complaining against them. The latest one was today. And my account is not even operational for a few weeks now.

I have filed complaints against non resolution of requests. I never did complain against an individual. But ICICI Bank is probably finding a scapegoat and punishing them and all the moral blame comes over my head.

--

Now that I saw that this thread was last updated in June 23... I should update...

My account was never closed in June. I was told it would be. But never happened. I even got a cheque for the balance account but the account was never closed. I assumed it did.

In September I think, I got a bank statement. I assumed it was an old one. Opened it to realize that the account was still operational. I got some interest in August which they ate up in the name of penalty for not maintaining minimum balance.

Sent a few angry tweets. Went to the bank branch and submitted an application again. Got a call from ICICI next day. Dude confirmed on the phone that the account closing has been done and it's over.

BUT. In the evening, I get a call from the guy at local branch with whom I submitted the second application. He was complaining about me complaining with the company which was now targeting him for not processing my application.

It's insane.

You can also complain to NSDL if you have similar issues like demat a/c not being closed in time in future .

I just had a few stocks left unsold from a two month long experiment few years ago. Sold the share earlier this year and closed dmat and savings account attached to it.