• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 7,175

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
A friend just got it to test in his office.

uWSLDEW.jpg

He was saying he just downloaded a 750mb file in just under 5 minutes.

how much did this download cost him? 😀

what do people do with that kind of speed on a mobile connection? I cant think of anything other than downloading huge files but then why would you want to download big files on a mobile connection?

these companies are promoting 4g as a replacement for wired connections at home. getting these speeds is just a benefit on the phone. the real use is dongles on computers and tablets.

Watching video while in underground metro, but unfortunately in delhi metro even 2g doesn't work properly leave aside 3g

This is pretty bad for 4G, tbh, considering the network has just been opened to the public.

Unless of course, airtel is capping speeds to ~20mbps per user, which would probably be a better option.

these companies are promoting 4g as a replacement for wired connections at home..

But who would want such a costly net connection?
maybe if you don't have any kind of wired BB available in your area or maybe if you are a retard. cant think of anything else 😀

wired is still hard to get in a lot of areas. it also tends to go down. it is also expensive to expand. it also has tons of limits (copper vs. fiber).
in my area, there is no fiber so if i need to get faster speeds, 4G is the only option available to me. as for pricing. jio might or might not change that.
in the long run, 4G is probably going to become a solid alternative to wired in areas where wired is just not present or is not stable enough.

in areas where there is no wired, yes i agree.....but i cant agree on going down part. I have heard you say this yourself that wireless can never be as reliable as wired and i think that's true.
And i dont think wireless can ever be an alternative to wired,at least not in the near future. if they bring its pricing down to wired level then maybe...

well if you have local gateways connected with fiber providing wireless services to a small area, then i could. just like how some isps are already offering internet connectivity. but yeah, it would be hard to provide services comparable to pure fiber based wired connectivity. like for example gigabit internet that is provided by google fiber and some other companies in usa and other countries... it would probably not be possible through wireless in the near future.

Airtel has 20MHz 4G spectrum on Band 40 + 5MHz on Band 3.. It can be used as limited alternative to wired broadband to some extend, of course with fiber back-haul..

Exactly. With 20Mhz, they can do much better than the current 20mbps.

Reliability of wireless has less to do with downtime and more to do with latency and consistency of speeds.

Got a call from a salesperson offering me 920 local minutes and 1GB 4G data, post that unlimited 3G
Monthly rental Rs. 299.

Too good to be true?