• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,899

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
Thinking of taking the MTNL night 12 to 8 unltd plancan someone pls tell me if the uploads are also counted in the data usage limit??

of course it does... even your web surfing... and chat...

seriously? that is lovely. what does a normal net user upload? chat messages? one sided voip conversation? funky.

Not useless in my case. Plan to set up streaming video for some friends abroad.

Hmm... I have seen people craving for unltd. downloads. 😀But for unltd. uploads ? :wacko:Good Hell, save me from these guys !

i have a couple of friends who would love this kind of package as they have to upload real big files for clients in US.

Originally posted by agnivo007@Jun 1 2005, 11:18 PM
Hmm... I have seen people craving for unltd. downloads. 😀
But for unltd. uploads ? :wacko:
Good Hell, save me from these guys !
[snapback]11034[/snapback]
[/quote]

Guess we will never get untld downloads ; might as well enjoy unltd uploads mate !! 🙄

well if the uploads are free then my irc server would also be on 24/7when i get dsl nubut still while uploading we would download some amount of data

uploads are not counted!!in your account usage section, it shows up seperately, upload and download...here is mine...Total Bytes Uploaded = 954.0 MB Total Bytes Downloaded = -1898.0 MB Total Usage = 65:21:46and from your quota of 500 MB (in NU plan) only whatever u download is deducted, that is out of the 12-8 am timeframe...btw, did u notice that the download is showing in negative (minus), any idea??? :huh: seems the counter started from what i had (200 MB) and kept on going the negative way...i'll tell u exactly when i get my bill, hope which will be soon... 🙂

I have a thought. When ever you download something a small bit of the volume shows up in upload. The same applies vice versa. I believe it has something to do with 'bit package' verification. Can someone confirm this. I have always noticed this on the meters that both the download and upload figures move together, though not at the same rate. So ... even when upload is not being billed currently, a small percentage of this is counted in the download for which billing is done. Can this be circumvented? Failing which those who do video streaming might get a surprise after a month.Can anyone confirm this?Best wishes.