BSNL Broadband is randomly redirecting users to their webmail service‽

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 146
  • Views Views 62,495
Hi,

Nice everthing happens for good, with this shit BSNL message I became Indian Broadband Forum member lolo 🙂

Yes I have been using BSNL since almost 10 years, now recently just a week back I have upgrade my OS to Windows 10. Till today everything was just fine, today since morning I had issue with the speed of my broadband. Morning I called up to local BSNL office and lodget complaint about the low speed of broadband.

Now in the evening while browsing I just got this redirection to mail.bsnl.in I just stunned and just feared thikning if there is any Virus or Malware, when I searched I got this thread and just relaxed as many of users here have already experienced this issue.

I already have Google DNS, not sure if this is the problem. I haven't used Chrome. But checking at the thread I just changed my DNS back to BSNL. Let me check and write if the problem comes back...

Guys let us not bring politics or political parties into this, country growth and we using Internet is completely different. So just stay way from politics, let us all together try to resolve this.

Raghu

Hi,

Just a fllow up, I solved this issue with simple change in DNS. I have been using Google Preferred DNS server 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server 8.8.4.4
when I started gettig this message.

Yesterday I just suspected this might be a problem, I changed my DNS to BSNL's DNS as Preferred DNS server 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS server 208.67.220.220

Since then I haven't received any redirets nor my speed is slow, so if you are facing this problem then try to change Google DNS to BSNL DNS and check if it works then don't forget to update here.

Raghu

@JKRaghu
Thanks for that , I hope this bit of info helps the others as well. I still have a problem free experience so I am reluctant to change anything.

I had this issue randomly when I moved over to the New 8mbps 1091 CS70 plan.

I was on NIB-2 (117.x series IP when this happened). Unfortunately for me the line was
very unstable and I used to get disconnected every 2 min. Complained to the NOC in my
city and they got me shifted back to NIB-1 (59.x series IP). Line rates are stable at 8192/640
and I'm able to get 6.76-7 mbps speeds.

The mail redirect has disappeared. I was on Google DNS all this while even before I was
migrated to the 8mbps plan.

Hehe
I had informed that after changning DNS to BSNL I didn't get these redirects. But unfortunately today I could see that this redirects happened again, this is just random I even dont remember which website I visited all of the sudden it redirected to BSNL Webmail.

Not sure wht to do now..

Please anybody help me ....on 6 August I was give the plan change application in the local branch but next day DSL link not come in my bsnl modem means internet not working then I do many complain online customer care and as well as offline local branch but they not solve my problem so after some days mean on 11 August DSL link is come in my modem but my plan not change but afternoon of 11 August then call me and said your plan is change.
I change the plan becz I need the internet speed but after change the plan speed is goes more down
Okay when I say about this to local branch they said wait one day more so okay my internet is working fine in 11August night but next morning my dsl goes unstable then I do again complain but till now they not solve my problem
And one problem is more create when where dsl come and I'm start using internet then mail.bsnl.in website is redirect automatically means mail.bsnl.in website is open automatically in my phone or laptop browsers ...........so please anybody here who can help me or solve out this problem or any body here who face the same problem....
Please anybody here who have solution of this problem then I Request you call me 08930042609

Are you registered on self-care portal?
I give the registration request but they show call to customer care and get the password but when I call to customer care they said that time our server.

I'm very disappointed to bsnl now I think only that I go to police and do complain of bsnl they are all cheaters ......BC

I didn't understand why you didn't get registered. I am sorry to say that your English is very poor.

As I said I couldn't understand why you could not get registered at self care portal?

As I said I couldn't understand why you could not get registered at self care portal?
Okay can you tell me how I register on self care I will try to register again..

And tell me one more think
Is selfcare registration help me in this problem

my question about these redirection is different.is this email service free or there are some hidden charges ?h ow do i login to the email or how to get registered .there is no link for registration .i think bsnl is advertising it's mail service.i was getting sometime before and now i got it today.it has nothing to do with dns .it is random atleast for me.

do not use this service. period. it is probably not being advertised. i think some dickhead used it as a backup domain to forward traffic to in case of certain conditions are met or something.