What speeds do you get?

• Thread starter Thread starter nipun_jain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,745

nipun_jain

ISP
Airtel
Hi people. I was wondering what speeds to you get on your Airtel connection.I get around 75 kbps up / 75 kbps down at night. :yahoo: During daytime its 32 / 32.My total data transfer in a month is about 135 GB.Just wondering what other Airtel users' stats are.😗

hamari aise kismut kahan!!!!

Nipun, you might want to note the difference between kbps and KB/s, specifically 8 kbps = 1 KB/s.

So assuming that you get 75KB/s at night... that's an incredible speed!!! In downloading torrents, I usually get about 30 KB/s in the day and maximum 50 KB/s at night.

vebmetal, assuming I didn't know the difference between kbps and kBps, the speed I mentioned would come down to 9.xx some kBps. Not something to brag about, would it?

Neither would that speed account for 135 GB of data transfer in a month.

So to get all technical, the speed I mentioned is kilo Bytes (and not bits) per second. And this I am talking about torrents. HTTP its about 85 kbps (ooops...kBps).

So on any day (or rather I should say night), I get a total data transfer of about 4+ GB.

I love Airtel. 😀

Anybody here keep track of their total monthly transfer like me?

28/28 day& night

Umm which plan do u have buddy ??Max I know is 256 Plan which I have now. & Damn there is no night double up in thisAll I get is 32 KBps max in day or night.. its same..how are u getting double speed in night ?? Do they have night double in Delhi side ??

I live in Chandigarh and have en economy combo + night top up plan. Sometimes the speeds go up to 250 kbps, but that happens just once or twice a month. Otherwise, it hovers around the 75k mark.

vebmetal, assuming I didn't know the difference between kbps and kBps, the speed I mentioned would come down to 9.xx some kBps. Not something to brag about, would it?

Neither would that speed account for 135 GB of data transfer in a month.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I'm not a big fan of that argument. Accuracy, clarity and simplicity go a long way in getting your point across.

To take an extreme example, if I wrote my sentences with the words backwards 'ekil siht' (i.e 'like this' 😛) you would eventually get what I am saying. But it sure wouldn't be pleasant.

It's sort of like when people who don't use t9 (and apparently don't care too much for grammar or spelling) send SMSes like they are 13 year old girls. dey suk mjrly nd shd b sht n da fce. Sure they get the message across, but they are likely to get something else apart from a reply from me - the backside of my hand across their face.

I didn't realize that what I said seemed like picking a fight. What the whole point of my last post was, though accuracy is of course required, redundancy is not (which stemmed from the fact about it being impossible for 75 kilo bits/sec to result in 135 Giga Bytes of data transfer). In a forum full of techies (or geeks as some would say), it's only obvious that when people mention their download speeds, they tend to do it in kilo Bytes rather than bits. Next time you would say that I was saying that in bauds per second. Not a very logical conclusion, would it be?

About T9, though I am not a fan of *sms lingo* myself and would write "How are you?" rather than "h r u", I can still accept and relate to the fact that people (and 13 year old girls included) use such texts out of necessity rather than being hip. Sometimes you have to squeeze the most in your text when your carrier charges you per message.

[sarcasm] Anyways, rather than further digressing, I just want to say that if anyone did translate my initial post to mean kilo bits per second, then I am sorry for the pain and anguish I caused and would like to offer a sincere apology for the same. What I meant was kilo bytes per second. There - I said it. I hope all is fine now. [/sarcasm]

~Peace

Well Nipun & Webmetal don't fight it out now. Keep the peace!I used to get constant 27-30 KBps earlier anytime during night or day; but recently I changed some TCP/IP settings and now I'm getting 55-60 KBps (BUT THE CONNECTION IS NOT STABLE ANYMORE; My modem hangs up every half an hour or so). I don't get night double here in Faridabad. Is there anyone getting it in FBD?

I get 64/64 (Torrents) most of the time day and night Sometimes 64/32 and sometimes 110/10 (HTTP)Consistent transfer rate is 64/45 consistent.... (Most of the time!!) 😛PS: All in KB/s and I'm in 512kbps (Night Unlimited Top-up Plan)

I cant wait for an increase in speed, i want to watch YouTube videos without having to wait for them to load 🙁