1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My internet services stopped without any notification

Discussion in 'Reliance Netconnect Broadband' started by Sunny Kasera, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

it needs to work 24x7. otherwise i am probably going to get murdered. biggest mistake i did was introducing my dad to internet.

2. India_King

India_King Active Member

x720 likes this.
  3. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

Try the rcom 797/949 then. Was in sector 31 market last weekend. I believe there is a CDMA tower there. Signal strength was full and speeds were around 1 Mbps, which is the max, considering speeds on most towers seem to be capped at 1 mbps.

So, if your place is near the market. It *might* be worth a try.

If you can live with 1-1.2mbps, reliability is top notch. CDMA data has never let me down [emoji14]

4. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

the problem is the same... i need it to be on 24x7 because my dad is not going to turn it off at night and turn it on in the morning. you previously indicated that dongles do not usually handle 24x7 operation well due to heat :p

plus there is this other problem where i prefer to have a landline at home. i can technically start using reliance for landline by getting that activated again :p but would need to drag another cable from my room to dad's for the phone.

reliance jio would offer landline facility?

5. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

Well, heat is a limiting factor. But the general lack of options lead me to suggest the same things again. Compromises have to be made [emoji14]

They can since they have the license. Whether they would is a different case.

6. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

The license is for cellular calls or landline phones? Landline would be great to have. Though not sure how my dad would feel if I change the number of the landline which I think has spread to some of the acquaintances :p I suppose I can always keep Airtel for landline itself. Maybe on the 3GB plans and start experimenting.

Chromebooks support dongles but the length of the dongles makes it hard for me to use it directly on dad's machine. I can safely say he would break it within the first hour of use.

So which dongle would you suggest I get to try the Reliance/BSNL thingy? What about that Reliance Pro 3? I cannot get it here in Gurgaon?

7. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

You can get Pro 3. I do not know what are the plans for Delhi NCR circle. The plans are different for different circles. Ask at the store. I guess it'll be cheaper than airtel and with MTS data network, should be pretty good.

Pro3 only works on network locked dongles. BSNL works only on network locked dongles.797 works on network locked. 949 on unlocked. Speedwise Pro3 is best, but no UL plans for NCR circle. bsnl evdo speed depends on whether your nearest exchange has CDMA tower and how far that exchange is, UL plan is 750. Ask for availability at exchange. Take your pick.

You can use an extension cable. I believe there are folks on the forum who use EVDO dongles 24x7. Might want to look there for feedback regarding the life of the equipment.

8. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

BSNL Exchange :p

Would check Reliance Pro 3 tomorrow if that small shop in my area has that available. Do not need unlimited at all. 10-15GB per month would be more than enough. As long as it does not disconnect due to zero activity, it should work for me.

x720 likes this.
  9. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

Well, good luck :p

10. India_King

India_King Active Member

I have heard that using MTNL sim on BSNL 3G network gives unlimited 7-8 Mbps speed (200GB FUP). So all you need is an MTNL sim and unlimited prepaid 1650 plan (200GB FUP).