Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Anything you do based on suggestions, posts mentioned on this forum, you do at your own risk. This is not an official source of information. You are getting responses from regular folks like you and me. Things like updating firmware of routers based on information provided here is something you are doing at your own risk.

Most email related options are disabled on new accounts. If you want to get email alerts for threads you participate in, you would have to opt-in manually. Push notifications are also disabled because of performance issues. To enable email alerts automatically for threads you participate in, turn it on here. For threads you have already participated in, you would have to modify settings from the Watch/Unwatch button in each thread.

[February 23 2024] Disclosure: Guests already see this message but I wanted to mention it here as well. This forum use affiliate links at various places. For instance auto linked keywords in posts, manually edited/created links, automatically changed links on the fly and of course the Amazon Deals link in the top bar. This helps in recovering costs of running this forum partially. We do not take money directly from any brand to promote their products here. We do not promote some brands over others. Your price does not change if you make purchase through these links. If there is any confusion regarding this, feel free to contact me.

[January 26 2024] And a message for folks who seem to believe that they are doing me a favor by being here. By creating “activity” on this community. Which somehow gives them a right to be here. This forum has been online for 20 years now. It has survived without you for so long. It would do just fine without you in future as well. As mentioned elsewhere in this post. This has been a hobby project for the last couple of years. It stays online while it remains fun. Folks like you take away that fun.

[January 3 2024] The news section is limited to older members of the forum. Once you do get access to it, try to make sure that any news article you post isn’t posted already in another thread. Also try to put article link instead of a tweet UNLESS the tweet has better context for the news story than just the link and the included excerpt. Access to news and other sections can be restricted based on user activity. Also, I see practically every post made on this forum. If someone is bothering you, best to ignore him. But feel free to report if you want a particular user to not respond in a thread you started. If you do not like a user’s activity in other threads, and he is not exactly being rude or sorts, you would have to either ignore the content or ignore the account.

[November 9 2023] If you appear to be using ChatGPT or similar generative AI services to generate questions or answers to post here, you are going to get penalized for that. It’s best to get your answers directly from ChatGPT and other services rather than insult the community here.

[September 2 2023] In case it was not clear, if you try to make new accounts after getting banned for whatever reason, I would keep on banning all such accounts when discovered. I do not need to explain why you were banned. Or tell you which of these rules were broken. You create needless annoyance for me in operating this community, you are getting banned. The points mentioned here are just some things that are likely to get you suspended.

[March 02 2023] If posting information from an external source, do not copy and paste the entire article. Post an excerpt. Always link to the source. Some sources are best avoided for sharing information here like OnlyTech, Telecom Talk, Dream DTH, Kerala Telecom and a few others. Owners of these sites tend to be grumpy in nature and complain about content from their sites being posted on this site. Honestly, if you are a member of any of these communities, it's best to decide where you want to stay and stick to that platform. Or at the very least do not crosspost content unless it's your own discovery and clearly mention that.

[December 12 2022] This is not a public utility service. This is just a personal project currently running on extended life support. You are welcome to use it, get the information you are looking for and leave. I am not going to be able to provide any form of support or respond to feedback.

[December 12 2022] I like this to be a safe space for myself and others. You are going to get blocked for creating needless controversy or not adding anything of value to a discussion. If you cannot be nice, please stay away.

If you are new to forums, here is the primary thing you need to know. This is not Facebook or Twitter or even Reddit that you might have used over the years. This is a traditional old fashion bulletin board style discussion forum with a small moderation team. Everything you post here is visible to everyone and if it disrupts the sanctity of this platform, it would be moderated. You are advised to treat other members with respect.

If your account gets restricted or banned because of violation of these simple guidelines... I would not be responding to any communication associated to related moderation action.

Recommendations
  • Try to post the Speedtest.net link instead of sharing the image directly. It should embed automatically. BBCODE also works fine but does not point to the result page. Other speed testing services do not provide a similar image for embed. Try posting raw values instead of posting the screenshot of entire browser page unless non-speed data is also essential in conversation.
  • Paste tabular and textual data instead of uploading/share an image (This applies to all kinds of scenarios like ping tests, trace route, cloudping.info, router backend information, plans listed on ISP websites, content on websites and emails and so on).
  • While posting screenshots, try to capture the actual useful content instead of sharing an image of the entire desktop/app.
  • Be clear in your thread title and posts. Do not post same questions/queries in multiple threads. Do not abuse the profile or personal messages for the same purpose.
  • Avoid pasting content formatting while copying content from third party sites. Desktop browsers allow Control+Shift+V for plain text pasting.
  • Best to search before sharing something that you think is brand-new information. Forum would suggest related posts when you are typing the thread title for a new thread.
  • Keep the forwarded shit from Whatsapp on Whatsapp.
  • This one is a bit subjective. Not all news articles need a generic repetitive response. It gets annoying after a while. Reactions exist for a reason. We are past the stage where it is funny to read the same old sarcastic responses which adds no value to the discussion.
  • Keep low quality tweets (especially) from anonymous accounts on Twitter. Not every funny or sarcastic tweet needs to be posted here. Just like WhatsApp forwards, they are best kept on Twitter itself.
  • [April 5 2022] Do not use low quality Indian news sources for international news that has an official source or is covered better by international sources.
  • [April 5 2022] Not everything is newsworthy or worthy of an independent thread. Try to find an existing active discussion and post there. This forum is not a dumping place for every news story you read in a day from whatever source you get your news from.
  • [April 6 2022] Do not post if you are going to ask me to remove your posts or threads for no good reasons in future. You want to remove personal information? Sure. You want to remove incorrect or outdated information? Sure. A thread of yours did not get a response so you want it to be deleted? This is just plain annoying.
Not allowed
  1. Affiliate Links
  2. Advertisements and other forms of promotions
  3. Competing platforms like Telegram Groups and forums
  4. Copyright infringing content and platforms
  5. Trolling/Hate/Abusive language/Personal attacks/Rudeness/Unreasonable behavior. Just try to not be annoying.
  6. Useless signatures
  7. Shortened links

This is just a gist of the previous thread that I usually link to for terms of use on this platform. For more details, go through this thread: Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Rules - Regulations

If you want to hide offtopic forums, you can turn on this setting. Access to offtopic forums is also restricted based on user activity in these sections.

Things to know​

• Features like personal conversations are restricted on new accounts. Ask the other member to start conversation if it's enabled on their account.
  • If there is a conversation going on about a legit service or product, try to stay away if the only comment you can offer is "why pay when you can pirate".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.