Help burning Xvid to DVD

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
hey guys, i was trying to burn a movie on a dvd, the movie is in Xvid encoding, i've tried everything....converting the file to divx, mpeg etc etc but still it wont burn n gives an error. I'm using nero vision to convert and burn avi files, divx burns easily without hassles but these xvid jus wont. I anyone wants i could post the error log. Plz guys can anyone help me ??

umm use total video convertor to convert to dvd mpeg?

i use the same, i tried converting the file first to divx and then to mpeg, but none of them were burnable 🙁

use WINAVI converter.... thats the best i know n i've used it without any probs. before usin it, make sure u've all required codecs installed. if not - download k-lite mega pack codecs...this should n will solve ur probs

ok tried this converter too, still no use, i think wot i need is an alternate way to make/burn dvd from a normal video file, something other than nerovision. any suggestions

umm, which codecs are you using? I have had no problem converting divx / xvid avis to Dvd using Nero Vision. My first guess would be that either something is wrong with your Xvid codec, or something is wrong with this one particular file you are trying to burn.Have you been able to successfully burn other Xvid files in the past?p.s. I use ffdshow as far as codecs go, though I have heard good things about K-Lite too... If you are using one of them, try using the other!

i finally gave up trying to make dvds, now i converted the video file into mpeg and simply wrote it on the dvd w/o makin a dvd video disc 😀 😀 😀 n its working like a charm 🙂

Have you been able to successfully burn other Xvid files in the past?

nope xvid always sucked for me in this respect 🙁

in that case it's most probable that the problem is with your codec... download ffdshow or K-Lite. I can vouch for the former.

Going form XVID (MPeg-4) ---> DVD (MPEG-2) involves loss of quality.If your dvd player can handle mpeg-4, there is no need to do this.OTOH if it cant, you just threw away the quality of the xvid.

Going form XVID (MPeg-4) ---> DVD (MPEG-2)

involves loss of quality.

Thats interesting, I guess (but don't know for sure) quality should be independent of format. Do you know any specific aspet of quality that would be lost if movie is converted to MPEG 2?

Since he is not actually making a DVD, he can is not bound to any perticular resolution and bitrate.

The reason it was encoded to mp4 or xvid from the dvd is to get similar quality in a smaller space. Reversing the process increases the size, and its a recode. You may not see it, but both are lossy, changing from lossy to another lossy without a valid reason is never a good idea.

Okay got it (lossy ->lossy conversion will loose details). I though that you mean mp4 itself will give you better quality then mp2.