Will "Netgear D500 N150 Wi-Fi Modem Router" work with Reliance BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hello all.

This is my first post on IBF and thank you for the help in advance. So my query is that I have a Reliance broadband connection (wired) - black wire comes from outside, goes into a small box, LAN cable goes into that box and other end goes into PC back (Picture reference below) There's no phone with it; just broadband. Basically, I don't know if its ADSL or Ethernet or what. If it is ADSL however, I'll probably need to call the technician and get the black wire hooked up with a RJ11 port? (bit of Google research)

Source

Now, I have been wanting to use WiFi with it for quite sometime but never understood what to buy let alone the configuring part. I read a few posts on the forum here and people recommended D-Link D2750U but that is out of my budget.

A little bit that my novice mind was able to glean from everything is that I need a modem + WiFi router so my guess is would Netgear D500 N150 Wi-Fi Modem Router work? If not, then can you please recommend another option between 1k to 1.4k?

Range is not a concern as I'll be sitting in the same room almost always. I'll mostly be using laptop and mobile on it. If you need any other information from me, please ask. Thank you!

And if I broke any rules on first post, then I apologize!

Last edited:
So how do I connect it? The LAN cable coming out the grey box into the router (WAN port) and then another LAN cable from the router to PC? Will it work that way? No need to mess with the black cable above?

it works perfectly fine for me 🙂

just copy the "CWMP"
settings from your reliance modem

to routerlogin.net/tr069/htm

leave the fields which were not mentioned in your modem

Status
Not open for further replies.