• Thread starter Thread starter hitech0101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,939

hitech0101

I got banned!
ISP
YOU
I have a TP-Link w8951 modem+router now i have a you broadband connection connected to one of its lan port and other lan port to my PC. It is configured to ppoe mode, the connection works fine on my pc however the wifi does not have internet connection. Can someone please help me out.

A few more things to add
1. The configuration is set to pppoe with credentials saved in modem, still i need a dialer to dial in
2. The modem page is not accessible when the you cable is connected to LAN port, even after setting the modem ip to a different address.
3. Devices get connected to the modem and wifi router but still somehow do not get internet connectivity will try on laptop using dialer to see if it works.

I was able to connect my laptop. The steps i followed, connected laptop to router using wifi then setup a new dialer in the laptop and had to disconnect my connection on pc and was able to connect to internet. So just need to figure out a way where my router dials in by itself even though the pppoe interface is configured for that and works nicely for my bsnl connection it fails here with YOU the only difference is YOU plugs into the LAN port instead of WAN port not sure if my modem is capable doing this when using the LAN port, the description of the device does say it a combination of ADSL2 modem and a NAT router. Can someone help me figure this out.

Can a lan port be configured as wan. I am looking into vlan settings but not sure how to configure or will it work at all. Also looking if RJ11 can be converted to RJ45 in some way if that is possible.