bsnl dataone change of password problem

ISP
bsnl
though i can log on to the bsnl dataone administration page, the link to access either dataone usage (service records) or chage password does not work. when either of these links are clicked, i get the message that 'sorry, action has been timed out...you may log in again'. however any number of attempts give the same reply. what should be done ? please help.

if this is the first login of the first day of a month then you will get this error.Because no record of login / logout has yet been registered at the portal. , since you are currently using that session.Ravi.

hello seshu,
i am using Internet Explorer 6.0 and the portal is http://10.240.43.216. also i have tried all the portals mentioned in your post, but the result is the same message.
thomaskprakash

hello ravi,
thank u for the response.
i have recieved the same 'sorry, action has been timed out...you may log in again' message irrespective of how many times i logged in in a month.
thomaskprakash

^ pls try deleting cookies ( IE --> Tools menu --> Internetoptions --> General --> Delete cookies ) and restart browser .If it doesnt solve this issue then you may have to reinstall orrepair Internet Explorer . or you can try with another browser( firefox or opera ) ...

dear seshu,i have tried deleting cookies. but it does not solve the problem. i will have to reinstall internet explorer. for that do i need the windows CD ? or can i simply reinstall it from 'windows components' from 'add remove programs' -> windows components ? please help.

^ windows cd is not required . Internet Explorer setupfile is needed . if required , It can be downloaded fromany freeware downloading sites ... you have to use add/remove programs . It will ask for to completely remove or repair or reinstall - select reinstall or repair ...

hello seshu, thank you. i have repaired internet explorer the way you suggested. and now it is working alright. i could access all the options on bsnl administrative site. thank you for your valuable adivce.thomas