New DataOne Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter java_rulz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4,747

java_rulz

Hi allAfter hearing a lot of good stuff about dataOne, I am planning to go for it.Currently I do not have a BSNL phone connection. I intend to use this phone connection only for broadband services and not for making any calls. It seems BSNL has a scheme called 'Suvidha' for only incoming calls. I doubt whether this will work with DataOne. Am I right?Also, can anyone tell me the best and cheapest scheme available for taking a BSNL landline connection just for DataOne? If someone reading this is from South Bangalore and has some knowledge about the no of days BSNL people take to install the phone and subsequently the broadband connection, please let me know.RgdsVarun

Sulabh II Rs 160 per month and buy a Modem and get Home 500 for yourself under Dataone.

Exactly, Sulab will be the cheapest for telephone connection and home plan 500 will be the chepeast tariff for Data-one. Do not think twice just go ahead.

But the good fact is that BSNL discloses the data limit unlike Sify which has so called "unlimited plans" and if a certain limit is crossed, they deduct days unmercifully !!! :lol:

Thanks for the reply but are u guys sure that broadband is accesible thru the sulabh plan as it's just for incoming calls?PS: Sorry for mentioning 'Suvidha' instead of 'Sulabh'

The offer of unlimted download has expired on march 31 and data limits are supposed to be imposed after that....So is any body dead sure that the limits are appiled ehnce forth and they are charging for every xtra Mb thats downladed...Any body her who has taken the connection after mach 31 and also recvd their first tel bill after that???????

Uh Oh, another mistaken guy !If the work order date is before april 1, then the user enjoys unlimited transfer upto june 30th.So, "Dobara math poochna..." , in the chlor-mint way! :lol:

Well Mr. bond aka agnivo, what i meant was even if somebody registered after april 1 are they really applying that 1 Gb limit for them . Its supposed to be like that and i know it, but are you dead sure that they are applying those limits..know some body who registered after april and excceded the 1gb limit...ask him

Sulabh I is for only incomming while Sulabh II is for both ways. Just cross check it could be the other way round. The Form says it all as I go by my memory.Sulabh supports Dataone and I see no reason why it should not do so. It is no where written that it shall not support it.Worst come worst - convert to General Plan where Rs 160 rises to Rs 250 per month and you get 50 or 60 calls free instead of Nil.

BTW, how much of 'data transfer' do u guys generally indulge in? want to get an idea, i might be using it for approx 4 hrs everyday.

If u download large files, then it depends.For 4 hr. normal browsing with medium content pages, it takes about 20MB or so. 😀And he's a grown-up guy like us.So, hopefully he is inclined to p0rn !!! hahaha !!! :lol: