• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,612

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Warne, Tendulkar bid to sign former greats for T20 league: Report - The Times of India
Cricket greats Shane Warne and Sachin Tendulkar are planning to start a new Twenty20 competition for former international players, reports said on Friday.
Unconfirmed reports say that Warne and Tendulkar have offered 28 big-name ex-players contracts worth $US25,000 a match, with 15 Twenty20 games planned for the Cricket All Stars League over a 42-month period.
The Australian newspaper said players believed to have been contacted included Australians Brett Lee, Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Glenn McGrath, along with Michael Vaughan and Andrew Flintoff from England, and South African Jacques Kallis.
The newspaper said if the Cricket All Stars League proceeds it could affect some domestic Twenty20 competitions such as Australia's Big Bash League and the Indian Premier League, which often include former international cricketers.
Under the reported proposal, a series of matches will be held around the world over a three-and-a-half-year period, with the US to host the first series in September.
New York, Los Angeles and Chicago were cited as the leading contenders to host the matches in the US.

BCCI would be like 😱:tmi:😡

Lol. BCCI can not object to Tendulkar!

But I think if this goes success - BCCI will "purchase" whole league from Tendulkar and Warne!

This is to promote cricket in US I guess..[emoji57]
US has a great potential and can offer a big amount of money..

Indian Television Dot Com | Star India to promote Tendulkar-Warne promoted T-20 series?
Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Warne have reportedly teamed up with Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp to establish a new Twenty20 cricket league for former international players.
Cricket All Stars League is set to roll as early as September 2015 in the US and in all likelihood will air on Star India’s sports venture Star Sports.
Cricket All Stars League will have veterans from across the globe and the tournament will be organised by keeping cricket regulatory boards like International Cricket Council (ICC), Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Cricket Australia (CA) and Wales Cricket Board (WCB) in the loop.
The league envisages 15 matches being played over a period of four years. Tendulkar and Warne have reportedly made an offer of between $25,000 per match to retired players like Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Michael Vaughan, Andrew Flintoff and Jacques Kallis.
Unlike the Indian Premier League (IPL), where there are eight teams participating, Cricket All Stars League will have 28 players equally divided into two teams.
As reported by Cricket.com.au, Cricket Australia and the International Cricket Council denied any knowledge of the proposal for the Cricket All Stars League. However, a CA spokesman suggested it could be a positive way to promote and grow the game in new or emerging markets - as long as it didn't poach contracted international players.

The 20-over league may get some attention. I remember they tried something similar with 50-overs in the 90s with Gavaskar etc playing. Hope they tweak the rules to make it something different & interesting.

Just noticed its 15 games over 3.5 years. Thats barely 5 games a year (2-3 weekends basically in a year). Dont think BCCI will be ruffled by that. Its the MCL that they might be a little concerned about.

Sachin’s Blasters vs. Warne’s Warriors in the US: here comes your dream team, and some more - The American Bazaar

So basically 3 T20Is... in the 1st "season"

In the case of the inaugural ‘Cricket All-Stars’ T20 series, between the fantasy teams of Sachin’s Blasters vs. Warne’s Warriors, make that three roofs: Citi Field inNew York City on Nov. 7, Minute Maid Park in Houston on Nov. 11 and the Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, on Nov. 14.

Here are the 24 players in order of their country caps, who will take the field for Sachin’s Blasters vs. Warne’s Warriors:India: Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, V V S Laxman, Ajit Agarkar.Australia: Shane Warne, Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath, Andrew Symondsn.South Africa: Jacques Kallis, Shaun Pollock, Lance Klusener, Jonty Rhodes, Allan Donald.Sri Lanka: Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara, Muttiah Muralitharan.England: Graeme Swann, , Michael Vaughan.West Indies: Brian Lara, Courtney Walsh, Curtly Ambrose, Carl Hooper.New Zealand: Daniel Vettori.Pakistan: Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akhtar, Moin Khan, Saqlain Mushtaq.

I hope Akhtar and Sachin are in different teams, and Sachin once again hit Akhtar for Six!

http://www.ibnlive.com/cricketnext/...team-in-cricket-all-stars-league-1159967.html

Former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar on Monday expressed his desire to play for Sachin Tendulkar's team in the coming Cricket All Stars League T20 series, scheduled to be held in USA this November.

"I hope Sachin picks me in his team. Sachin, I request you, I am done battling with you, please pick me in your team. I know that every Indian wants to see me opposite you but please pick me in your team," Shoaib said in a talk show hosted by StarSports.

@SVK - Looks like Shoaib doesnt agree with you.

Shoib and Sachin are good at what they do. Both are scared of each other.
But, don't know, whether Shoib Aktar can play to his full potential.

Reactions: SVK
Tendulkar to play alongside Lara in Cricket All-Stars
Sachin's Blasters: Sachin Tendulkar (c), VVS Laxman, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Brian Lara, Mahela Jayawardene, Carl Hooper, Lance Klusener, Shaun Pollock, Moin Khan, Graeme Swann, Glenn McGrath, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar, Curtly Ambrose

Warne's Warriors: Shane Warne (c), Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting, Michael Vaughan, Jacques Kallis, Kumar Sangakkara, Andrew Symonds, Jonty Rhodes, Saqlain Mushtaq, Wasim Akram, Daniel Vettori, Courtney Walsh, Allan Donald, Ajit Agarkar
Sachin took Akhtar, but not Mumbaikar Agarkar 😀