ICICI Bank Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 18,898
1 more non-sense from ICICI representativewe asked for change of address and they changed full address but didnt change pincode.so we called them and told that we changed fromarea A where pincode is 400097 to area B where pincode is 400096so representative says that he has to speak toaccount holder (my mom)!! i said.. isnt it logical that pincode of area B is 96 and ur system showd old pincode, its clearly wrong? why do u have to speak to a/c holder? but he still insisted and says its their rule (as if they know voice of my mom)then i gave to my mom who had to walk (leg problem) all the way from other room just to tell him i am a/c holder pls make changes and then he changed it.but the point is how does he know i gave to my mom? i cud have given to any1.so its totally stupid rigid rules and brainless representatives. who dont have senses.any1 from ICICI reading this? pls ask ur representatives to atleast apply common sense for such obvious mistakes.

well its pretty obvious that the customer care guy has the responsibility to change anything from an account on getting the information from the 'account holder'.i seriously do not blame them for not accepting the information from a third party. they are just following the protocol which i think is correct.but the problem remains, they cant do a voice verification. and most of the information they require for approval can easily be obtained by a third party.i think they ask for details like:name, address, date of birth and of course the account number. none of this information is hard to get.but then it would become a hassle for me as a customer if they make it compulsory for me to let's say speak out the last 3 transactions conducted on my bank account.it's a catch-22 situation in the end.

when u develop a protocol it shud be foolproof. was this foolproof? NOT at all.why is protocol to talk to a/c holder developed? to verify right? now tell me how did he verify it was my mom he spoke to?he spoke on phone for abt 8-9 mins, instead if he cud just have verified that pincode of area B is 96 and solved the matter. he cud have saved 6-7 mins and assisted some other customer.protocol shud be divided based on what things are critical for verification and what not. this was not at all critical.pincode was already wrong and if i was trying to trick him by giving wrong pincode it was again 1 and same thinganyway lets forget! system wont change.

they do have a somewhat foolproof way of verifying a customer calling in. its called TPIN. Telephone PIN ID. this number is to be dialed in to prove that you are who you are saying you are. kind of like an internet id. i can use it to access my dad's account. the sad thing is that most people don't remember it. i don't for example. so i let them ask me personal details to verify my identity...

i am sure even if u enter that TPIN.. CC guy wud still ask for all verification