BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now we have 2 users with proof that ACT isn't adding usage.

For reference, where are you located? I'm in Bangalore.

Hi All,

Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

Post some proof. Like your router logs.
I cannot post router logs since my Asus rt n12lx doesn't support data logs but I can show you my glasswire data logs.
tuLb2u0.png

The data discrepancy is not so bad now. But last two months, they told me I used 350Gb per month which doesn't make sense

Hi all,

I am ACT Fibernet user from 2012 in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Truly satisfied with their services as they do not count uploads in their FUP. I just received this email from them as I am an Apple device user. Please let me know if you all received similar emails. thanks!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Subject : Update for customers using Apple devices

Dear customer,

Recently, in the last 3 months, we have been receiving complaints from some of our customers who are using Apple devices with IOS version 9 that they have been experiencing higher data usage. This may be due to some applications which may consume data in the background without the knowledge of the user. In this regard, we would like to suggest to our customers to download applications namely ‘Data Manager’ on your respective IOS devices. This application may help in providing accurate information about the data usage of your respective device. Based on the results from said application, you may also please consider escalating this issue to Apple.

We are always committed to bring you fastest speeds with highest download limits

Thank you and looking forward to serve you better.

Regards

ACT Fibernet.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Dexter Morgan,

We are concerned to note your grievance. Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

I cannot post router logs since my Asus rt n12lx doesn't support data logs but I can show you my glasswire data logs.

The data discrepancy is not so bad now. But last two months, they told me I used 350Gb per month which doesn't make sense
You're the only user? If so that's pretty bad. Did you end up getting your data log from ACT like I did?

I believe you do have a data monitor. It should look like this: ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC66U -

i ve also faced the same issue. the speed as per their advt. is 40mbps but getting only 20mbps and also stealing my usage by adding false usage . This has not happened in the first year but after that only. hope approaching TRAI or a consumer forum is the only way to teach them a lesson.

Why did you post the same thing thrice?

Anyway, without you tracking usage your reports are useless. Start tracking it now.

same here.. i hardly use my home act connection as i am in d office all the weekdays and 75gb of data getting over in 15 days... i have reset my wifi , router everything.. but seems d problem is from d act servers.. total frauds. All i keepp getting rest of the month are sms from them to reset my data for an extra fee.

Hi Everyone

I am planning to start a Facebook page, twitter account and a online petition on the ways of ACT and the fabrication of Data usage which they have been putting all off us through. I was wondering will all of you join the pages to support this?