BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMGUR is working fine for me now and looks like Google issues are over too

secure wifi boys

Achal, might have upload seeding traffic eating up data. Happens with 99.9% of internet users in the country and they think their ISP is cheating.

ISPs dont cheat, they are not going to get rich by this bro 😛

Prev u were using 60Gb plan bet 3ppl now 30GB bet 2ppl.
Prev fup over in 27-30days now in 15days only.
Hence proved that 3rd guy hardly used internet :angel:
Invite him again to share your room aka internet and upgrade the plan.

Achal, might have upload seeding traffic eating up data. Happens with 99.9% of internet users in the country and they think their ISP is cheating.

ISPs dont cheat, they are not going to get rich by this bro 😛
ACT doesn't count uploads as part of FUP outside of Chennai I think.

I'm in Bangalore and upload well over a TB each month.

Or see if your router can track usage.

I'm using the TP-Link Archer C7 (brilliant router) with Openwrt and wrtbwmon which tracks usage per device like this:
c391f3c75a.png

It uses the MAC Address by default but you can set a name if you want. Notice the total is 14.51.
This is my ACT portal usage:
de86542b3d.png

It's pretty easy really. Hit me up if you want to do it, though I don't think range will increase for you.

I've found an inconsistency.

fa284e9b52.png

f59d463831.png

I'm going to call them.

*edit - they're sending me the breakup. Only after that can I talk to an engineer apparently.
*edit2 - I've noticed something with my router. Let me confirm it with both their report and mine.

Last edited:
Not helpful if it ain't gonna increase my range. I live in a small house...1000sqft. The signal strength drops to just one bar when I go into the bedroom from the hall (where the router is).

2600sqft. I get 2 bars in my car park 3 walls away.

You should get it checked by TP-Link.

ACT still hasn't sent me my usage report, it fact fiber was cut on Friday night and they still haven't restored service.

One lady called me and said that they'll be able to provide data logs only after 11th of every month and told me to mail them after 11. So, Im gonna mail them tomorrow

Yeah I just got mine.

This is my current usage according to the portal:
e78859fdfd.png

This is the current usage according to my router:
cece35b9dd.png

There is a discrepancy of 13GB down. Now if you look at my previous router image you'll see that it actually stopped tracking for the time period between 11:10PM on the 6th and 12:30PM on the 8th when I finally noticed and fixed it.

This is the usage for the period my router stopped tracking according to ACT:
43d18c3c90.png

This is my personal computer stats for the same time period (I use multiple network monitors):
f4b6c350ae.png

Total Download in this period 10.695GB (+ maybe 3 GB for other users). Total Upload in this period: 76.787GB (I'm pretty much the only one who uploads).

Looks like ACT has been straight with me. I would love to see other users do the same thing with their usage.

ACT started Cheating
HI I am an ACT customer for past 1 year. Initially the internet connection was good. But now they started saying my FUP limit (50GB) has gone in just 2 days. To be noticed last month I wasnt at my home and my router was switched off. But I got a message saying in 2 days saying my FUP limit is crossed and asked me to topup. They are really cheating now, as they got more customers now. Guys please stop them....