BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
Let us know where the discrepancies lie. The breakdown in the usage logs are 4 hours each.

smllboy

May 18, 2016
i ve also faced the same issue. the speed as per their advt. is 40mbps but getting only 20mbps and also stealing my usage by adding false usage . This has not happened in the first year but after that only. hope approaching TRAI or a consumer forum is the only way to teach them a lesson.

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
Why did you post the same thing thrice?

Anyway, without you tracking usage your reports are useless. Start tracking it now.

kang89

Oct 23, 2016
same here.. i hardly use my home act connection as i am in d office all the weekdays and 75gb of data getting over in 15 days... i have reset my wifi , router everything.. but seems d problem is from d act servers.. total frauds. All i keepp getting rest of the month are sms from them to reset my data for an extra fee.

AUM

Jan 31, 2017
Hi Everyone

I am planning to start a Facebook page, twitter account and a online petition on the ways of ACT and the fabrication of Data usage which they have been putting all off us through. I was wondering will all of you join the pages to support this?

Hariram

May 16, 2017
I am a ACT user, for the first few months the usage report was correct 10 to 15 GB/ month. But after a few months the usage is showing irrelavantly as 1 GB / day average, I am using jio and all my data usage is through that. I hardly use the laptop.
For checking I just did not use any of the devices, for the past 2 days, but even then it is showing that the data is consumed. When ever I raise a complaint, they tell that their reports cannot be faked and simply close the complaint. My modem Mac address is different from the usage report Mac address. When I ask, their response is they do not know and a technical person would call asking me check again for next month. Act network, are you cheating the customers or you have a fault in your system?