Exattnet - connected but unable to browse

• Thread starter Thread starter MrCCK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,442

MrCCK

ISP
MTNL and Nivyah
I have experienced this problem a number of times in the past few weeks. I get logged on and am assigned an internet IP address. However, I am unable to browse and various softwares complain about the absence of an internet connection. Is this a problem with their gateway?Usually, the problem gets solved in a few hours or overnight, but lately the problem seems to occur more frequently and is prolonged.In fact, I am unable to browse since exaxctly 10.00 AM on Sunday. It is now 9.30 PM Monday, but the problem persists. I am posting through my backup MTNL connection.Has anyone experienced such problems?

Connection finally started today. My cabelguy told me the problem was at their end.

Also, the price has been increased by another 200/- since last month; I am now paying more than twice the amount quoted on the exattnet site.

Therefore, I have decided to go back to pacenet after almost 1.5 years with exattnet. 🙁 I really liked exattnet; I always got the promised speed. They are a good option if you can get the connection directly from them (in areas like Andheri east). It is the middlemen that are killing exatt.

Sometimes I feel that the price hike is a conspiracy (between the middlemen--CC and cableguy--and exatt's rivals) to get exatt out of the market.

I had left pacenet for exatt then because the latter was giving twice the speed for the same amount. Now pacenet is cheaper than exatt. However, I am unsure of the speeds that I will get on pacenet.

I hope MTNL gives unlimited connection in Mumbai soon.

I stay in andheri east , and here exatt is not available coz there is some kind of monopoly contract between with cable op and Pacenet, and strangely SIFY. So I have SIFY and Pacenet to choose from . SIFY has really crap packages, their speed suxx and even my cable op doesnt recommend SIFY to us. The good thing is that since no middlemen are involved with Pacenet here, I get packages at rates less than the ones on the site...speed is also quite stable..So these kind of things prevent good competition...wud have really liked to have all providers here in competition..