Help for broadband in remote area

• Thread starter Thread starter boo3dmax
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,194

boo3dmax

ISP
BSNL
hi guys,I am having bsnl connection in BTM area of bangalore, but i have to move to Outer area of bangalore (Hegde Nagar). There is only one local provider who is asking installation charge of Rs.2,500 and 1,350 for 256kbps. Bsnl officials are telling to just ask for transfer to new area as there may be chances of connection establishment in Hegde nagar (may be months). Please give your ideas to go about it. I can pay max 1,000 per month and I can compromise for speed also but dont want to invest more. Thanks guys.. Boopathy

Do you have good GSM coverage in that area? If you do then you might want to try out GPRS+EDGE package from Airtel/ Hutch etc. I am in a similar situation, in my area MTNL does not have ADSL (yet). I have been using Airtel's GPRS for last 3 months. Avg speed is around 180 kbps.

Hi. I am also living in a area in Pune where no one is providing broadband internet service? (I checked with airtel/tata/bsnl)Could some one explain how to connect to internet thru GPRS?What will be the speed and charges for it?

Could some one explain what GPRS is and how to connect to internet thru it?
What will be the speed and charges for it?

Speeds will depend on features supported by your phone. MTNL Charges 400 per month for Unlimited connection, Airtel / Hutch charge 900.

Which cel phone do you have? I.e. Make / Model number.

Samsung X620 - Full phone specifications

In that case, GAPRS is not an option for you. Max spped that you will get with this phone is ~30 kbps.

You can look at Nokia phones in budget range, some shop might sell you Nokia phone with Broken/Power Supply chip LCD etc for few hundred rupees. That phone will give you ~200kbps.

Samsung X620 - Full phone specifications
In that case, GAPRS is not an option for you. Max spped that you will get with this phone is ~30 kbps.

Does any phone with EDGE support do?

which company's data card is best ? airtel or reliance or BSNL anything else ?Also what is their charges ??

All GSM companies supply the same card and they charge 3k - 5k for that 😡. Its better to spend money on a phone with GPRS EDGE Class 10. With such a phone max possible speed is 236 kbit/s, in practice I get around ~200 kbps.Speeds drop to 40 kbps if laptop is being used in an area with heavy call congestion.

I am also living in remote area of Bangalore (Hosur Road). I applied for BSNL Landline but got WLL instead. Major problem with accessing internet on WLL is the cable which is in short supply. You should ask your nearest BSNL office to provide you with replacement WLL phone with Cable. Install the cable, connect and you will be able to get speed of 100kbps+ anywhere in Bangalore, good enough for normal browsing.

I think WLL is chapest possible way of getting unlimited net, it costs 200 or 300 Rs per month from MTNL.