Reliance Pro 3 experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance, Tikona, BSNL
Reliance Pro 3 is just getting launched in my city, and since I am currently using a crappy 1 mb/s connection, I'm very interested in 14 mb/s. I'll be getting a demo for it soon, and I'd like to know what kind of an experience other people have had with the service. I have a Reliance 3 connection, and even after getting full signal strength, I've never been able to top 1 mb/s.

Reliance Wireless Internet Broadband Connection - Reliance Pro3 is the service I'm talking about. 14.7 mb/s without FUP for 1k/month sounds fantastic, and I'd be thrilled to get even half that speed for that speed.

So please share your experience with Reliance Pro 3, what kind of speeds you get, customer support experiences, latency, connectivity, anything that is of value.

Have posted a thread. Take a look.

I had a look at your thread, and it looks like you weren't able to test their Rev B. network. I've had a pretty crappy experience with their Rev A. network, as I understand they limit users on an unmetered pack to ~1.5 mbps, which absolutely pisses me off. Also, they told me that they will roll out their Rev. B network in 40 days, so I'd be on Rev. A for 40 days. Should I believe that statement to be at most 40 days? Did they make any such promises to you? The Reliance Jio "just 3 more months" thing makes me very skeptical.

If anyone else can share their Rev B. experience, especially on their 999 plan, that will be great.

Do not believe their 40 days thing. I've been in constant touch their rf/network team, and progress is real slow. There are a few revB sites in Mumbai. After much complaining to pg portal, finally someone paid me visit and corroborated lack of revB signals. They've said they'll do something about it, but no timeframe. I suspect rcom doesn't have the resources to do a hardware rev B upgrade, which is required for 14.7 Mbps.

They could easily go for a software upgrade and still provide 9.8mbps, but for some strange reason, they aren't doing that. In circles with MTS, they're using MTS' rev B network. :/

So I received a demo from them today, and their Rev. A. network provided the same shitty 1 mbps, and their executive told me that "its more than sufficient". Yes, less than 30% of their promised speed is "sufficient". They also told me I should expect 5 mbps from their 14.7 mbps Rev. B. network. They're giving a timeline for 30 June now. So they've already started moving their estimated timeline within 2 days of first letting me know of the new offering. Not a great start.

They tell me they are adding new hardware for their Rev. A. network in my city, the towers for which would be completely separate from their Rev. A. towers. I've seen a few of these towers, but then again, I saw their fiber being put in right in front of my house 4 months ago, and nothing's come of that yet either.

I agree about the towers. New rcom towers have been installed at quite a few places here too, but none are live yet.

Pretty easy to identify, the new equipment has Reliance written on it in dark blue and red.

You posted your review on 1st April, can I ask you when you purchased the connection, and whether they provided you any timeframe for Rev. A. upgrade at the time of purchase?

Purchased on 26th March. CDMA customer from a long time, I'd been pursuing the revB issue long before I bought the Pro3 device. No time frame, except a couple of visits from network team. I don't even get proper reliance cdma signals at my house, though somehow speed stays at ~2mbps.

I've been able to find revB signal at only one place in Mumbai and the speed was very poor. Maybe they were testing.

In any case, don't believe a word they say. Have used reliance long enough to know that.

I think all dongle isp give poor speed in postpaid high user plan. I think they give decent speed in prepaid sim

I get complete Rev. A signal at my house, and their Rev. A tower is within 15 meters of my house, yet, I never go past 1 Mb/s.
4341226027.png

Reliance people have lied to me plenty of times before, so I am not going to go with their connection and deal with their shit all over again.

All dongle ISPs give poor speed in high usage plans, and that is highly unethical. I should get what I pay for, no more, no less. Would they have no problem if I handed them 30% of their plan price if they give me 30% speed?

Use CDMA sim in unlocked dogle and see if you get more speed.

Many old CDMA towers are capped at 1 mbps by default. Used to be an old network management policy by rcom.

Sadly, I'm using a Reliance 3 dongle with what I guess is an integrated SIM, so I can't put it inside another dongle. I used Reliance Netconnect+ in the past, and I used to get awesome speeds(like 2.8 mb/s+), which is why after getting tired of Tikona's shit, I went with Reliance 3. But now, it seems they are willfully slowing down the connection speed to 1mb/s. I've taken the dongle to most every part of my city to check the connectivity, and nowhere does it seem to pass 1mb/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.