My friends DataOne Account hacked

• Thread starter Thread starter RMDesai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,160

RMDesai

ISP
BSNL
Hello, My friends DataOne Account was hacked and it resulted in a bill of 14,000/-The log showed simultaneous logins. In this regards, I would like to know:1. Can the same user name and password be used simultaneously from different locations?2. Does your phone line needs to be DataOne 'enabled' or can any BSNL phone line be used with a valid user name and password?3. Is a user name and password valid anywhere in India? Thanks for all your help in this in advance. Regards, Ravindra Desai.

First I'd like to say that the default password provided byBSNL should be changed immeadiately after receiving it .And it is better to change the password at regular intervals . 1. Simultaneous login was possible earlier from different locations .As I understand it , BSNL officials were aware of simultaneous useof Dataone accounts and they were taking some precautions tomake it not possible ...2. Phone line must be Dataone broadband enabled in order touse the broadband internet connection thru the phone line .3. Dataone account might work at a different place . And most of the unlimited dataone accounts were port bindedso that a particular Dataone account works only thru the concerned phone number ( something like checking thru a caller ID ... ) .

the problem may use of some programs which send personal and other information, try using zonealarm with proper settings, do not share pc with u friends or when u r not near, check dataone website always in 1 or 2 days,always logout from dataone website, make password complex.use different password and username for services such as email,orkut etc,the reason is that my orkut sign in and password is saved, i.e i just have to press login on orkut, what happened few weeks ago was i visited somewebsite , i dont know how it showed my orkut username and password and told me to login, i closed it instantly.there are lot of spyware which sends lot of information which even virus scanner is not able to detect and remove, careful if u r visiting warez.if everyone follows certain precautions while using credit card or other sensitive data these problems would reduce.

also change your router password......and if possible use bridged mode rather than direct router PPPoE mode

Thank you for all your inputs.I will do as per your instructions and let's see how it goes from there on. Regards, Ravindra.