Broadband in Panchkula

raaeft1

[OP]
Apr 27, 2007
Presently I am staying in Chandigarh and using Airtel Broadband connection.However, I am shifting to Sector 6 Panchkula next month and Airtel says it has no broadband services in Sector 6 Panchkula.And I don't want to use Sify. I want to know which broadband service is operational in Sector 6 Panchkula. I am thinking of using Spice Telecom's GPRS service (Rs.600 per month unlimited) to access the net. Can I set up wifi network through my laptop to work with the GPRS connection.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
dude..........this forum originated in sector 6 panchkula. my parents live there in sec 6 government quarters and we still dont have airtel in that region.sify is pathetic. the cable dude in sector 6 is an ass****... i am not sure what options you would have there coz i moved to gurgaon 2.5 years back just to get rid of the sify connection and the aweful cable guy in that region.if you find an alternative tell me... coz i might need it in the future. :Ddon't take sify in sector 6.

raaeft1

[OP]
Apr 27, 2007
By the way,I would be shifting to Government house in Sector 6.Panchkula.Does BSNl provide broadband in Sector 6

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
heh. so ur going to be my padosi i think. around the park area. bsnl of course has their telephone services in the region. not sure if they give bb connections on the official connections. you might need to get a second line if they have the slots available.

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
I am thinking of using Spice Telecom's GPRS service (Rs.600 per month unlimited) to access the net. Can I set up wifi network through my laptop to work with the GPRS connection.

I am using a GPRS connection now a days since MTNL does not provide Broadband in my Area :(

You can share GPRS over WiFi without any issues. I use internet sharing that is built in Windows for that.

Dec 18, 2008
guys.... i am shifting to panchkula in sector 20... group housing area can u give me a list of internet providers in the area..... pleaseeeee....

raaeft1

[OP]
Apr 27, 2007
Reliance and Tata Indicom offer Datacard services for sure. Tata Indicom might offer BB but check whether it is feasible in Sector 20. Of course, there is Sify and BSNL

Dec 18, 2008
this means that only sify, bsnl, airtel are availible.... what about reliance do thay offer broadband service?????? which is the best, i guess airtel????