Why is Indian government pushing Aadhaar cards?

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,621
it is because of supreme court that aadhaar is not mandatory. otherwise it would have been mandatory to buy milk from mother dairy. in the end supreme court is the only body that gives a damn about the privacy of the common man.

my current policy is to not use any service provider that makes aadhaar mandatory. and hopefully this would continue to work for me in the longer run. aadhaar is a botched up project that costed you and me lakhs of crores of rupees. no bandage is going to fix the shortcomings and privacy violations associated with it.

it is because of supreme court that aadhaar is not mandatory. otherwise it would have been mandatory to buy milk from mother dairy. in the end supreme court is the only body that gives a damn about the privacy of the common man.

Well currently we are enjoying a lot of privacy because the govt hasn't been strict about things related to it.

Currently there is no possibility of enrollment agencies misusing the collected data as the moment enrollment process in respect of an individual is completed, the data captured by the agency is encrypted and stored in a digitally encrypted format.

And Govt level encryption is not something any common folk could intercept.

we currently enjoy a bit of privacy because the courts stand in way of the government which would take away our fundamental rights the first opportunity it gets.

there must be a lot of people who got aadhaar card made for lpg subsidy and now our beloved modi ji wants us to not take subsidy if we can afford the full price cylinder? cool shit bro.

and then this government publishes the names (and addresses in some case) of all people who opted out of subsidy.

thank god for the judges who care about our constitution.

Thats true, but it also helps to check up the subsidy prices, the old system too had many flaws though, the gas companies used to get money to provide subsidized prize, now people are getting that subsidy money.

Well there are initiative's by govt and from various NGO's asking people to unroll themselves from Direct Benefit Transfer. Well we can say those who have Aadhar and a bank account, they are good to go as they do receive money in their account. This at least help that their is no scam of money takes place.

Ya i have seen that. Well there are many sectors that require more money. What if there was no subsidy at all. Things would have been a mess.

People who dont have a aadhar card too can receive that subsidy by selection Option B in form for DBT, but they must have a bank account.

So in the last, every person must have a bank account.

If you have Aadhar Card, your Biometric data has already gone to Western cyber security agencies (NSA, GCHQ etc) and other top level Global institutions. So any notion of Privacy is false.

Left MP urges Narendra Modi to 'scrap' Aadhaar project - timesofindia-economictimes

Aadhaar Data Minefield Threatens to Blow Up in Government’s Face -The New Indian Express

Aadhar was a new scheme and none of the Indian IT company was familiar with Biometric Data collection and organization at such large scale. So most of the contracts were awarded to foreign Private IT companies who then had your data first hand and even transferred it to others.

By the way, average Bikhaari who get food based on Aadhar card doesn't care about Privacy. He needs his subsidies and Govt services. that's all.

Problem is Govt pushed Aadhar down the throat of every Indian. By linking Bank A/C, SIMS, LPG, Food subsidies etc. Soon marriage registration & property registration will also be linked to Aadhar.

BJP was once against Aadhar but it now supports it and pursuing it more broadly. So at some point you have to get your Aadhar card.

I can breathe without Aadhar card as of now. But when Govt ties everything to Aadhar, i have to get it too. What else can we do?

By the way, SC order doesn't matter. Govt already pushing Aadhar despite SC orders. SC isn't taking any contempt notice of it. Why??!! I am sure if SC restrains Govt, Govt will simply pass a bill to make Aadhar mandatory through Parliament which stands above SC.

The HR Dept of the place I work is now saying PF organization has made it mandatory to provide Aadhaar details for enrollment of the new UID for provident fund. I'm in a fix now.

Don't do it. Cite the Supreme court order. We have to take a stance against this.

You see, 90% of citizens obediently follow idiotic & illegal Aadhar notifications which made it easier for Govt to push Aadhar down our throats.

Modi had a personal meeting with Nandan Nilekani after he won the election I read. I am sure Nandan made him aware of the tons of benefits as a ruling government which made Modi change his stance. Now Nandan is out of the project which means you have no idea who the hell is managing it at the top and if anything is being done to fix the security and privacy issues.

I don't understand. Purpose of Aadhar card was to weed out corruption in Govt subsidies & benefits schemes. Like Direct cash for food transfer, LPG subsidy, Direct grain subsidies to poor etc.

Since when did they decided to make Aadhar mandatory for everything - Bank A/Cs, SIMS, Provident fund/LIC, Insurance, Property/Marriage registration, Passport etc?

And i am pretty sure that corruption will continue to exist despite Aadhar in some way or another.

When a Politician - MLA/MP/MLC or Bureaucrat scam Crores of Public money. Does Aadhar card stop them in any way?!

Our Politicians do scandals of money which are 100 times in magnitude of money which gets wasted due corruption in subsidy system. Who will act against that?

I don't have plans to get Aadhar card right now. Its a recipe for disaster to have all your information at one place! Many other countries tried to issue national identity cards and it failed.