katpasin

Rookie
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 16, 2005
Hyderabad
tis is today's first pg article in ET
free-bb

BSNL is not capable of providing a connection since last 4 months in hyderabad and still say will take another 2 months due to lack of equipment.. i wonder how they would provide free bb to all??

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
free wi-fi is a possibility. but most free wi-fi networks provide a basic speed to free customers luring them to pay for higher speeds.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
Well according to the article the free broadband they may provide would be at a speed of 2 MB per second - now whether they mean 2MB/s or 2Mbps - who knows. Either way - decent speed if it's really for free!!

maahkaal

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
Very impressive and i hope this plan of government is successful. It seems the government has finally realized that we need to embrace broadband as it is a necessity in todays life. And the best way to increase the broadband penetration is to go the route of bsnl and mtnl as they have the maximum reach.Ofcourse there would be a download limit but this step will give the broadband in our country a much needed boost.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
umm the basic problem is that the limits are fairly stupid.the government needs to provide usable broadband connections for free (128-256kbps) with unlimited data transfer. higher speeds should be charged for. and there should be either no limits or sensible limits. 50 gigs a month makes more sense than 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 gigs.

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
I have a strong feeling that it wont be "free" in the sense in which an ordinary consumer would construe the term..riders be attached

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
After the utterly ridiculous "unlimited" broadband project, comes the "free" broadband project. I was so damn shocked to see their interpretation of unlimited, cant wait to see how this free thing goes