Best broadband connection for torrent download

• Thread starter Thread starter freakykid85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 11,158
i had used MTNL, airtel for it, and i'm pretty happy as i get full speed on torrents. Also, it is lot depend on ports that are forwarded, torrent prog u're using.... i use - utorrent - very good for novice

i guess all r same, as long as u got the money for the appropriate plan 😉and by "all" i mean mtnl, bsnl, airtel or any other BB which gives a stable connection, unlike sify which i've heard is very unstable.

The one which provide upload speed equal to Download speed.The one which does not disconnect in between the DL.The one which provide dynamic ip address(preferred).And off course The one which provide Unlimited connection i.e. without any additional data charge!Anyone to add more!!😛

mystery_inc19 wrote..i guess all r same, as long as u got the money for the appropriate plan ...
I agree with the money part,.., with data traffic limited plans at least. ..I was looking at the MTnl plans & almost all of them are all out unreasonable for this kinda stuff. - it becomes even worse, with higher data speeds since you can dload faster. - the 2GB @512 kbps is Rs 1199.
dload 3 movies say (around 500mb each) & use the rest for browsing & other internet stuff & your Rs 1199 is gone.. possibly in a week : )...maybe less. - even if you have the money..its still kinda atrocious..paying at those rates.

happy to know though that ports can be forwarded(with mtnl), given my ongoing bad experience with tata concerning this 😉

nice topic btw..

lets hope things get better..
cheers!

NOOO! Tata is the best. I have been using it and my connection is maxed out on torrents.

I got TATA connection last week and in my case TATA is "worst". Its uptime is even worse then GPRS.

I'll advise Exatt, if you have it in your area. Baaki har ISP ke sath kuch na kuch probs to hoti hi hain, agar nahi hoti to ye forum hi kyun hota? Go for the ISP that provides max no of connections in your area. That will ensure speedy serivce. About torrents, their is no such good ISP to choose for torrents. But if your a heavy downloader, go for the Unlimited plan of any ISP, and make sure they do not impose restrictions on heavy downloaders (like Sify did to users who downloaded more than 150 a day).

like Sify did to users who downloaded more than 150 a day).

Is it 150 Gb or MB per day

in b/w COngrats for the 500th post Apoorv🙂

umm. was that a sarcastic post or what?i am aiming at making my 10,000th post sometime this year. 😛

Is it 150 Gb or MB per day
How could one attain 150GB in a day😕 LOL

How could one attain 150GB in a day😕 LOL

Aww .One needs more than 8mbps speed then .

So it must be 150 Mb per day .150 mb is very low .One can't even download full lenght movie as well .

Well Boss.. . Sify put restriction of 150MB per day ... saying for BB and for average user thats more than good nuff.... :wall: I guess, Tata's 1 mbps unlimited connetion seems to be good option (only if u can get it working). But sore point that I find in this is the STATIC IP that they are providing with the connection.:madness:For Downloading stuff like Movies / softwares / Music using Torrents or Http/Ftp .... it is preffered if you have dynamic IP. so that no one can trace you later...... (they can still but with Dynamic IP its difficult) 😗If you ask me, I will stick with BSNL ..... Plan 900 / 500 using combination of these two. Just to get increase in speeds here port forwarding is good option. And also I will get my local Bsnl lines man to change my wired line.:thumbsup😛ranKster.

One can't even download full lenght movie as well .

umm. you cannot do that legally. a better example would be. we would need 5 days to download a linux ISO.