• Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9,898

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am testing a compressed homepage version of the forum to make it load fast. Though it does not seem to be very user friendly. Your suggestions invited. 😕

it is good idea but side-effects shud be taken in consideration.now i have to click on each top level forum to see if there is new post in sub-forums. so it infact increases clicks and probably wud increase load on server too instead of decreasing.plus page looks so small that it might give impression to new visitors that this forum doesnt have so many topics to discuss.

heh. i will try to think of a middle way to the whole thing. the original version was way too long. lot of scrolling.

yes even i found original version too long. but this small version is too tightly packed. may be someway it can be made spacious.

nope. it would again become excessively tall... i need to regroup the folders to have maximum of three sections. will plan and do somthing about it.

ok. what about putting subforums in two coloums.. the present format looks too clumsy

i mean columns..something like this.. India Broadband (8 Viewing)Forum containing rooms related to all the channel sites of India Broadband Forum groupSub-ForumsBroadband in India----------------Sify BroadbandBSNL DataOne Broadband---------Tata Indicom BroadbandAirtel Broadband------------------Reliance Broadband,MTNL Triband Broadband----------Dial Up, Others

cant do like that. perhaps 2 major sections. broadband/telecom/dth-iptv and rest.

i think he means:Main forum name | Subforum name | Date ....-----------------------------------------------------Broadband India | MTNL triband |_ _____________| Airtel_______|________like this. but i dont think that wud look good but if its possible u can try once and take opinion

I suggest -India BroadbandComputers and TechnologyGeneral DiscussionsAll these to be expanded.The rest, i.e., the less active forumsMobile technology and phones ForumResource CenterGeneric Forums and TestDirect to Home, Cable, FM, IPTV and Television be compressed as they currently are. ORWithin General Discussions, club 1) Tourism, television, movies and sports2) Social Chat, Everything else, News.Similarly in India Broadband, Tata, Reliance and Others can be clubbed, making Tata and Reliance sub forums of Others.

something like that would be great. but i need to keep the mobile companies and broadband companies seperate. so i guess i will end up with 4 major categories...broadband, iptv/dth, mobiles, other stuff.