Idea can take away credit that was accidentally deposited in your prepaid account

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,261

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So I got a call few minutes ago from this stranger who said that he accidentally deposited Rs. 200 prepaid balance in my number. He wanted me to refund him by depositing Rs. 200 on his number.

I cut the call assuming it was just some troll. I checked my inbox and noticed that a credit of Rs. 200 was indeed made on my phone.

I thought for a few minutes and decided that adding credit to his phone would be the right thing to do.

And just as I turned on the phone, got a sms from Idea. They had taken back the credit that was deposited in my account.

Now I am not exactly sure if this is some scam that is running around :\ Posting this for amusement.

b28GldKh.jpg

Last edited:
No, the thing is that if the recharge guy has mistakenly typed a wrong no, it is possible for his to request for reverse the transaction which would take some time to do so. So better wait for some time and recharge so or people might try to scam you.

May be a scam by recharge operator?

First recharge random user with money.

Call and ask recipient to return favour!

Revoke the money.

Hope that recipient deposits the amount!

PS: Your images are really very huge. Slowed down my Firefox 2nd down in the day! 😀

lol. what would a customer do if a prepaid shopkeeper reverse the prepaid balance he charged for him after taking cash? i always assumed that the operators had put the entire liability on the person recharging. this is why i always double check my number while recharging or use my account feature on official sites where you have to be logged in properly before recharging!

You always should ask for receipt.

Plus if he abuses the system of reversal for fraud - his license to recharge wud be taken back and all deposit will be forfeited.

I think not everyone can reverse the transaction (like panwalas) - only those who give receipt for recharge can reverse.

First of all, Only those transaction are reversed which are normal top up( I mean balance recharges).
IF transaction is for special pack then it can't be reversed. ( though companies can do it but they never gonna do it).

Most retailers who does recharges don't cheat customers (as most of them are having regular customers).
I am not saying that it is not possible, but in general it's not happening in practical life.
And if any one observed, when ever you go to retailer for recharge, most probably he/she give you phone to enter the number, and if you enter wrong number then it's not fault of the retailer.
Don't took my comment as pro retailer, I am just stating observation.

Reactions: SVK