Tata Sky Digicomp Software Updated

• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 10,937
o.ki will do that,it will be my first call since i got tata skyand where should we check the driver date and all those things

organiser->system settings-> system details

thanksplenty of things mentioned theremost of them are unknown to mebut still no updates to the softwareand the core driver date is dated december 19 2006

new software loadedi have called the Tata Sky customer care and here is a news that i got from themstarting from this weekend there will be few packages offered to the customers,the packages will be like dishtv's packagesnew channels are going to be added from 1stmay to replace zee channelsneo spots and new sports plus will be comming back to tatasky only when there are matches shown on them

Cos they don't get them for Rs. 5 and they have to pay transponder fee also..@rbpyogesh ... Any idea abt wht these packages will be.. This is really stupid of Tata Sky to create the packages before adding the channels..

i guess his point was to let the customer choose the channels and pay an amount for those channels alone.why get pre-designed packages planned by idiots in their management team. let us decide what we want to see.

Ya TRAI must soon act in this area... Customers must have the option to select an individual channel rather than a full package... A rule like (Rs. 5 per channel in CAS areas) will certainly help DTH companies to introduce such packages... But it still is a distant dream...

i think trai decided against forcing cas like prices per channel for dth coz they believed that the dth companies need the time to grow. am not sure cas is not widely popular in india. both are competing technologies. let them fight it out. and let the consumer be the winner.

If not Rs 5 may be a higher rate like Rs 8-10, but we shud have choice.....the primary reason to dumb my CTO......but my CTO is offereing around 90+ clear channels.....

even the customer care staff do not know what these actuall packages be they say it is secreat and no information has been given out by higher authorities to them and the staff said that it i can call again on saturday or sunday then they can give more information

For me it shows the DigicompSWVersion as 1.1.9.001 product Mar 09 2007 and Driver version as 01.40.00 Feb 27 2007. So is that an updated version or not ? I have a thomson stb.