Where do my posts go?

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
I just noticed that if i post something and again go to the same post, it doesn't show my last post.Any idea why? :redface:

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Yep I am facing this problem as well since upgrade. Actually, whenever we post using quick reply method....and next time we visit the post, I loads the cache only. Just reload the page and u will see the post. A nasty bug of vbulletin....it seems.....maybe the problem is only with Opera.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
its a problem with opera caching... especially with nice URL where it tries to load the page from cache only... that's why i have this setting turned on...

this way opera ignores the cache after 5 minutes...

you would face this problem with any site that uses a static page like link structure.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
heh IPB never had cool linking structure. one of the primary reason i ditched it. now, i had wished if opera had site specific setting for caching. it does not currently. so you would have to change the settings for entire browser which i know would not be something you had like.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
i think vB or vBSEO shud be having cache-expire option to send to browsers which tells browser when any page expires. u might want to set it to some low value.