Minimum meta tags reqd. for hi-ranking

• Thread starter Thread starter -Anat-
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 30,588

-Anat-

ISP
Airtel
what all meta tags should be necessarily included in a search page to make it high ranking by engines? what all other teqniques should be used.I guess word density is a good technique too, but it doesnt seem to be working for me.in the previous design of shushubh.com, we had shushubh referring to himself in the third person.... was it to increase the word density?BTW, nice new shushubh.com design, but check the alt text for the menu on top, its diffrent from the label

I'm not sure, but I heard Google doesn't go through meta tags or base it's results based on them.
Here's what my meta tags look like.
Code:

In my 2 years of blogging, I have found google caring about 3 things.

1. Incoming links from great pages.
2. Great content.
3. Title tag.

I never actually cared abt meta-tags. And old Sushubh.com where I refrered to me in third person was kinda sarcasm on keyword density. 🙂

If you want to see how incoming links matter?
http://www.google.com/search?q=sushubh

Check #6. That's actually a client and his site is on my name coz my name was linked to that site on around 4000 pages. 😉

At one time I was tops for Broadband in India and Internet in India due to links with these keywords only 🙂

And sushubh.com is just a placeholder 😀 my blog is at sushubh.net 🤔

Keywords are a waste when you are targetting google! But yes google reads description tag. And sometimes pages with description tags with Rare keywords fare quiet well in google. Remember - Rare Keywrds in Description Tag. Some other search engines read Keywords, but then what is the % of people using such keywords. Here is the Approx breakup of market Penetration of various search engines:1. Google: 91% market share2. Yahoo: 6% market share3. MSN & Askjeeves: 2%4. Other smaller Search Engines: 1% or soo.So, Keywords are dead, Description tag is good for Rare Keywords.

My website subhramani.superihost.com has appeared in google. But there are no description is present there. how do I add it?? I have also bought a domain name jokes4folks.net. But I still have to configure it. So, how do I do it?? Please reply guys.

HTML

this is the tag that goes between

HTML

as for domain for a website. you have to get some webspace (you can contact ankit for that) and bind that domain to that webspace. than you can run that site from that webspace.

*Sorry for bumping an old topic, but i felt it was not worth creating a new one

Now, I know nothing about search engine optimization or web design ... but I had created this simple site for my mom - http://rathnasree.htmlplanet.com

No real optimisation, just a couple of META keywords and a META description tag ... it seemed to fare ok on google ... so I felt that META tags might still have some relevance.

Ujjwal: your mom reads good books, you should've made her a blog.sulphurine: you should do something about the top frame on your site. it takes too much space. Maybe it looks bad in opera only and is fine in ie but i don't know.

well these forums don't approve advertis€m€nts in the signatures. 🙁

Google sees meta tag but it isnt only factor it depends on . Search engines rank on many factors like the content on ur site should be unique and not copied from other sites . Other sites should contain links to ur site (yeah linking helps in page rank) .

But when u search on goole and 2 sites contain quite same content then they give out result as per page rank ( As of google) . Isnt it ?

don't think so. i got PR6 sites lying on 4th or 5th page behind real trash sites.

ok 😉 . Using good strings yields great results like "" + inurl: site : Didnt knew exactly shushubh bcoz mostly when i get results they are most from good ranked sites if there arent accurate search words as in crap sites .