Courses in Software Development

• Thread starter Thread starter genmax
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 13,497

genmax

ISP
Airtel
What are the courses offered by Indian universities which involve software development? Everybody keeps chanting about the IIT and software "engineering" (BTech, is it?), but what is it that they teach there?Plus I want to know about BCA, MCA and BCam as well.The point is that I want to take up a course involving programming, as in getting down and dirty with code, but I don't have any idea what these courses really offer.

BCam?Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan?Breast Cancer Action Montreal?British Columbia Aviation Museum? 😀

^^ He means BBA Cam(computer aided managment).All these bca mca bba is crap nothing comparable to Btech.

^ I know, was just pulling his leg. Even I want to know what IIT has to offer in software engineering courses.

umm actually you can enroll in hacking related courses. even in india.

You could do CEH certification and enroll for the course, its simple like security+.. there are lot of training institutes that offer that.. or u can go to one of those academy where u learn ethical hacking like the e2labs etc.. or read stuff online (the bestway) join mailing lists like bugtaq, fd, ring-of-fire there are plenty of indian participants there, they can help you out what you trying to achieve. And I believe the current trend of security is application/web-application security. Network security, os security are essential but security has moved up another layer... - Tata birla tommy laddooAnd I think we are going off-topic, if you want to do core programming, do c/c++, traditional courses tie your hands and mind and teach you how to pass engineering c/c++ exams... Reading src code for Linux maybe, maybe if you are really cool at it, you would be submitting bug fixes in no time for ubuntu, slack etc or may be waiting for Linus's approval to add your fixes to Kernel 2.6.2? 😛.

What are the courses offered by Indian universities which involve software development? Everybody keeps chanting about the IIT and software "engineering" (BTech, is it?), but what is it that they teach there?

For SW development, these are primary courses:

1. Basic of computers [Computer Architecture, Analysis on Algorithms, Theory of Computing, Principles of Programming languages]
2. Operating Systems
3. Networking
4. RDBMS
5. Coding [Some languages]

But what really matters is:

1. Can you slog / or understand_and_apply concepts easily [i.e. were you able to clear JEE]
2. Did you "learn" the learning [i.e. can you learn new things on your own]

If you qualify for these two criteria, its not difficult to get 10 lakh+ job as a fresher.

apporv.. there are no courses for hacking.. 😛

Its not apporv, its Apoorv.
I don't want to do a hacking course. Where did you get the idea?