how to open reliance modem setting and increase the downstream rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

KELLY1_SMITH1

ISP
aritel
Dear friends I am using reliance 4mbps thunder plarn. My modem is netis dl4201 (adsl2+).. Its provided by reliance only. When I was on 699 2mbps thunder plan. I was getting full speed. But now my max speed is around 3.5 mbps.

I have read somewhere that its the downrate stream of modem which is needed to be increased. I tried to open my my modem by using 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 but no luck at all. Can any one help me to figure out that how to achieve this feat.

thanks in advance

you cannot increase your own line's downstream rate from your own end.

almost all of us on reliance 4mbps plans get 3.4mbps. only reliance can fix it at their end and they seem to believe that 3.4 is more than enough for a 4mbps connection. trai regulations require them to provide just 3.2mbps which is 80% of the advertised speed.

almost all of us on reliance 4mbps plans get 3.4mbps. only reliance can fix it at their end and they seem to believe that 3.4 is more than enough for a 4mbps connection. trai regulations require them to provide just 3.2mbps which is 80% of the advertised speed.
hmm then i think i should keep quiet till some better plan launches. I was hoping that by April some changes will happen. but its still cold there. BTW any plan of reliance to launch ftth (not reliance jio which is taking forever)

Reliance does have ftth in some areas I think. @x720 should have an idea.

bu
Reliance does have ftth in some areas I think. @x720 should have an idea.
but whenever i search reliance ftth it show only reliance jio on google 😡. And jio is taking forever to launch. I do have connect here in ludhiana punjab but there ftth area is limited besides there plans got fup like 50 gb on 1099 and then speed reduced to 512 kbps. I need to watch iptv using mag 250 emulator and kodi or xmbc plugins. So I need an unlimited plan only

Reliance has MetroEthernet in areas with an EDP (electronic distribution panel). Ask your local sales guy about it.

How bandwidth u need to watch this iptv?
okay if I am using kodi tv /Xmbc then some premium movie channels like Pink horror/Pink action etc. need 4mbps or plus speed.
In case I am using nfps IPTV service then its okay to have around 3 mbps speed. though this service is in trial (An off topic thing is that even you should try to use this service as its free in trial period. Its better then our cable channels for sure at least as per me)..

So watching premium movie channels is still a buffering issue on even reliance 4mbps .

Reliance has MetroEthernet in areas with an EDP (electronic distribution panel). Ask your local sales guy about it.
It will not solve the purpose even if I have EDP connection. Because they are not providing their true speed on 4mbps and 12mbps plan is capped to 25 gb

Status
Not open for further replies.