Reddit Updates

Tell me about it. Many big subreddits closed after victoria was fired. People started calling ellen pao as "Our supreme commander" since comments with "Ellen pao" were automatically getting deleted. And it turns out victoria was uncomfortable with ellen pao decision to commercialize AMAs like putting ads between comments and organizing video AMAs.

Today many of the subreddits were reopened but reddit mods were still pissed with reddit management as a whole. lets see. Already many people are shifting to voat but voat can't handle reddit traffic yet.

voat has been down since yesterday. it's amazing that in 2015, you cannot instantly boost your server resources by using a platform like aws.

Even when few subreddits were banned earlier, voat was down. Its run by two students in their free time I think.

This elllen pao looks like a bad character. Her husband stole money by doing scams and recently she lost one lawsuit. Story is that she was brought as interim CEO but then she that position to herself and stopped searching for CEO.

yup. read about it in the various threads.

btw... another popular social platform launched a reddit iama like platform. i think it was tumblr. cannot find that information now :\