Problem with users getting connected via Goregaon Exchange, Mumbai

baudhayan

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 20, 2005
Mumbai
Friends from past 1 month I'm finding that there is repeated problems connecting to Internet. I connect to net using Bridged mode. Nowadays whenever my dialer doesn't connect I go to "Start -> Run" & use the raspppoe application. I have found that though ADSL shows up in the modem but there is no PPPoE Broadcast recieved from BRAS-GRGN i.e. the Goregaon Broadband Remote Access Server. I have complained several times but its difficult to explain the MTNL people about Bridged mode & other stuff :( . Anyone else from Kandivali or closeby areas facing this problem ?

varmap

Apr 15, 2007
I'm from Charkop...and for the past 15~20 days i have slow connection problems, mainly uploads ...don't know much abt bridge etc....the status light although remains steady...have complained at 1504 and what not....Pranay

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
i am from vileparle but yes my server is also BRAS-GRGN.. from abt cpl of weeks even i face connection problem but max it takes is abt 2-3min and once connected there is no problem.the reason is earlier there were 4 RAS and now only 2 are responding. and msg it sends back is "insufficient resources". so i guess its because of 2 servers not able to handle all users and are fully loaded. MTNL needs to reactivate other 2 servers.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Update: 9 Jun 2007MTNL seems to have solved this problem. From past 3-4 days i get connected instantly even in afternoon. (work hrs)