India Broadband Wiki

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 27,465
"Hi there what is your favorite thing that oprah said about hawaii? By the way, I love that too! How did you find that? See you soon! Girly Girl "What is this? This is on the main page!

Well actually the wiki is an online encylopedia I guess. Why not include common Broadband terms like DSL, ADSL, VHDSL, Fiber Optic Network, OC3, Bandwidth and other basic articles about Broadband!Well I guess all of our users know the price of ISP's 😛We'll launch some new info on Wifi, Wimax, and other networking terms which total Broadband Newbies like me have no clue about? How does a Broadband work from ISP to client end? Things like that? Is that possible? I guess I shudn't expect too much from a New Admin into Media wiki!! 😉Anyhow try if u can! I'll try my best! 😉Cheers,Amuthan

What is this? This is on the main page![/b]
umm?

right. seems like mediawiki has its share of online bots too. i have a feeling this wiki would take too much of mantainence!

cool thanks! try to make a login there so that we can turn protection on for active pages.

I've added a few questions to the FAQs page. All of you guys are invited to edit and add more of them.

anon editing on the wiki is disabled to avoid spam/vandalism. 😛sadly you would have to create new accounts. i don't think its easy to merge user account database of bbforum with bbwiki...

It is not easy but definitely possible if you want IBF to be next Whirlpool of india 😉

I did some editing ...hope it helps the cause ... 😛 🙂

Alright, I guess we should first start out by filling in as much as details about the plans, how long have they been in there, and the general problems faced by the customers (i.e - port blocking) about as many ISP's as possible.Then, we need to setup a general article - It should discuss the the Broadband Crisis India is in currently (there have been no speed upgrades for any unlimited plans, the maximum speed of unlimited plans is not even enough to stream video, broken promises by Neta's, etc)Zieg could contribute, Abhishek could help broaden the article as to how much we're paying and not getting worth a damn in return, I'll try and start with it tonight and lets put this in Mainstream as much as possible. Get some articles up and then we can post it on Techtree, Techenclave, Veenu Thomas and all other major Indian forums which will only help spread this Wiki further.

QUOTE(blr_p @ Feb 24 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]81022[/snapback]
whirlpool ?

Connect the dots here for me will ya m8[/b]

Whirlpool the Forum of Australia check this
not to relate with consumer electronics giant whirlpool 😀
The best thing about that forum is it's broadband plan search feature here

I am expecting same from IBF 🙂

hah. with just 2-3 providers available in lucky areas, it would take some time before we really have to use a search engine to find a suitable provider for us 😛