sify broadband sam servers

• Thread starter Thread starter trump
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 7,448
yesterday my sam server was down ,so i tried all sam servers ips[in easysify] given in this page but none worked

it is so strange that Sify users have to keep an alternative internet connection as well 😀 with airtel i do not... am i in trouble or what!

inetbum look what i found with neotrace=NeoTrace Trace Version 3.25 ResultsTarget: 210.18.11.5Node Data IP Address Location Node Name 210.18.11.5 Madras 210.18.11.5.sify.net

Neotrace is probably reporting Sify's HQ address which is in Chennai to be the location of the IP since Sify owns the IP. But the IP is actually located in Delhi.

Anyway, getting the city where an IP is located is not very accurate because companies can register all their IPs in one city and IP look-up services use their own methods to give us an estimate of where the IP is located exactly which could be 50% - 80% accurate (--source
http://www.dnsstuff.com/info/geolocation.htm)

Just hear this, just now I checked where my own IP address is located and it says Calcutta, West Bengal even though I am in Delhi :-|.

😀 yeh mine too is reported indelhialthough i am in lucknowfunnny B)

well, the guys facing frequent disconnection problem if let unattended for a while, then what i'd suggest is talk to the CC and ask them to disable ur "heartbeat" function...and u can be online as long u want without getting disconnected...enjoy!!!it's always good to have a backup sushubh, though i keep sify as backup now, and not the primary... 😉 though i'm just a home user...

it says "You appear to be from Cochin, Kerala. "I am from Mumbai