Ubuntu Repositories

• Thread starter Thread starter genmax
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,448

genmax

ISP
Airtel
I don't know which section is appropriate for this, but I think this is an Airtel problem and not an Ubuntu problem.I can access archive.ubuntu.com on WindowsXP (in my browser) but can't do it on Ubuntu, hence no updates and no software. Does this have something to do with that crappy NetXpert Agent or that new firmware they installed?

My friend has Airtel and had the same problem. Seems that They have blocked the whole IP range for Airtel, as they must have recieved an attack from it. It's working now, as my friend informed me. Check it. Maybe they have enabled it again for upgrades to Feisty Fawn, which I think is being released on 19th April.

Apoorv, you idiot, it's me. At least take a look at the username.UPDATE : I could access the repos a few moments ago on WinXP but now I can't.

Oops. Max is the same guy who informed me that repos are now working.

Enough jib jab. Can somebody from Delhi using Airtel BB tell me whether he can access in.archive.ubuntu.com or just archive.ubuntu.com?Another interesting point to note here is that the repos are working fine, if you don't mind waiting 20 minutes and looking at that "Connecting to..." message which, as a matter of fact, I do. So, does anybody else here need to watch the "Connecting to..." message for twenty minutes before their Ubuntu updates begin? 😡 BTW, the Airtel guy came, but instead of actually helping out he copied my Ubuntu CD and went off, presumably happily.

maybe when he faces the same problems at his home... he would find a solution for you too 😛any luck with delhi LUG?

Is there a LUG in Delhi? I'll have to see...

For Apoorv (who didn't care to use Google) :
Lug is a place in Serbia.
In Irish mythology, Lug (in later spellings Lugh) was an ancient god.
LUG is an acronym that stands for Lesbian until graduation.
A lug is also a bicycle part.
😛

EDIT : Okay, found the link. It's linux-delhi.org, but currently it resides at India Linux Users Group - Delhi

linux user group? there are LUGs in all the major cities in india with their own discussion boards. 😀

how can it be an airtel problem if u can access it using xp..btw.. try using "sudo aptitude (software name)" and see if things work out.. they used to.. with me..

Nevermind. Apparently the problem resolved itself. Probably the servers were overloaded due to the Feisty release.