Dlink 502T Advise

• Thread starter Thread starter ppkundu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,938

ppkundu

ISP
BSNL
Hi, This is my first post....i have got my dataone activated from bsnl recently and purchased a D-Link 502T modem as bsnl does not have any modems in stock. After installing the modem thru lan as instructed in their manual, i installed the PPPoE software as supplied by bsnl. This creates a dialup shortcut in my desktop. when i enter the id / password supplied by bsnl it cannot dial as it requires a telephone number to dail. Is this the right process...can someone please help. I am at Kolkata circle of bsnl.

do check out the similar threads below...

@ ppkundu , which OS you are using ?

If you are using windows xp / 2000 then you have
to make a new dialing connection for broadband .

If you are using windows 98 / 95 then the PPPoE
dialer sw provided by BSNL should be used .

And there is no telephone number required to
connect to the broadband . It is zero .

heh seshu... how come none of your posts are as wide as the browser window? do you press enter after specific number of words? why so 😀

@ ppkundu , which OS you are using ?

If you are using windows xp / 2000 then you have
to make a new dialing connection for broadband .

If you are using windows 98 / 95 then the PPPoE
dialer sw provided by BSNL should be used .

And there is no telephone number required to
connect to the broadband . It is zero .
thanks seshu,
may i also ask you as to how can i create a new dailing connection for broadband?? i am absolutely a novice in these matters....

Exact procedure taken from other community :My Computer >> Control Panel >>Network Connections >> Select File menu on top of Page >> New ConnectionNew Connection Wizard opens up. Click NextNext Screen shows >>4 options select the first one (Connect to to the internet) It is already selected by default and click NextNext Screen shows >>3 options select the second one (Set up my connection maually) and click nextNext Screen shows >>3 options select the second one (Connect using a broadband Connection that requires a Username and Password) and click NextNext Screen>> Type a Name to identify your Connection in the Box Provided ..say Dataone and click NextNext Screen>> enter the Username and Password in the respective boxes provided and check /uncheck the options of use this account name and password when anyone connects to the internet from this computer & setting the connection as default as you wish to. Click nextNext Screen>> Check the box if you want a shortcut to be placed on your Desktop to access that connection. Click Finish.You will find the Shortcut placed on your desktop if you checkmark the box before you click finish.Click the shortcut to launch the connection. Click Dial (after entering username and password) to launch the connection.________________________________________________________@ Sushubh , I use Enter in between to make the post readable I hope that I am not making my posts lengthy !

neh. not a big deal. i am not sure if it enhances readability but its fine. 🙂 i did changed the css of this forum theme to include better line spacing. it was earlier too cramped. now i need to find a way to get more space between quoted text and the outside text.

thanks seshu,will try this at home tonite and let you know what happens.using enter makes the reading easierpartha

read what seshu says in his signature. 😀
tried...tried...& now tired...was not able to connect.....
Modem System Log shows the following message........
Could not get oam_ping_interval from boot loader env
Trying to retreive the value from Configuration
oamPingInterval(20)(20)
Valid Configuration Tree
stat successfull for /etc/resolv.conf.
Resolver Polling Timer Started succesfully.
NTP Polling Timer for DHCP Started succesfully.
DSL Polling Timer Started succesfully.
Firewall NAT service started
del_iptable_rules : ppp_name not intact
Bridge Created: br0
updateall_servers : No children found for conn:
Bridge Created: br1
Bridge Interface Added: eth0
Bridge Interface Added: usb0
DSL Carrier is down
del_iptable_rules : ppp_name not intact
------------------------------------------
please decode this in simlple language....

purchased a D-Link 502T modem as bsnl does not have any modems in stock. .

what modem do u have exactly, Dlink Glb 502T or Dlink DSL 502T?