MTNL DSL-502T

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
hey guys,is anyone using this DSL-502T on Win2K on the USB port??? i connect it through ethernet...while installing the USB driver, it gives an error...so was just wondering if someone is using it that way...as i'm using both Sify and MTNL, it's sort of a pain to change the IPs again and again...so want to keep seperate for both...any idea???

Use the LAN interface, its the best !

well agnivo, i solved it...now, it's working just fine...i don't have to change the LAN cable again and again when i want to connect either one...thanks anyhow...seems i have to find the solutions of my probs myself only :wacko: 😀 though i agree with your point of using the LAN card...but my dad really gets pissed off when he has to change those cables, when i want him to start the PC, when i'm in office...so it's easier 🙂

well, it was basically a problem with my PC...may be because of some virus at some point...it was giving me "Autoexec.nt" error while installing...so got the fresh "Autoexec.nt" file from the "repair" folder and everything worked just fine...though it took me quite a while to search the remedy of the solution, but everything is fine now...not everything fine though...i've having this frequent disconnection problem now...i think the USB port is giving me this problem...sometimes, the USB light will go off and sometime the ADL one...few other times, all the lights will be fine, but net won't work...the solution i have is, either disable the USB LAN connection and enable it again or restart the modem altogether, when the first one doesn't work...do someone have a permanent solution about it???on second thought, may be some upgradation work is going on, coz the first couple of days it worked perfectly fine, but today morning it gave me hell lot of a probs :angry:

My ADSL link goes off often during the evening...The connection is slow from 10am-8pm, thanks to share traders.I think BSNL is giving new connections, so a bit loaded servers, some upgradation work and testing makes this happen. Anyway, I hope stability will be restored within a few months.They are new in broadband business and we must give them the chance to get established. Isn't it ?

it doesn't seem to be a problem what u're mentioning, coz my modem is connected to the internet fine...the problem is the communication between my comp and the modem through the USB port...if i disable and enable it again, it starts working...if i unplug and plug it again, it starts working...so basically, the modem is online, but the net is not working and that's something to do with the USB port...if someone can throw more light into it...

Are the USB and USB2.0 drivers latest and not corrupted ?Download the latest fresh copy, install it and check again...

hey man, how do i do that???i've installed the USB driver provided in the CD...i don't think it's gonna be old... :wacko:

Ok, what USB controllers are u having ? [ from device manager ]And ur mainboard model no. if u remember ?