Forum move seems very messy...!

max

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
Well the title says it all. I'm having trouble viewing old PMs. Many messages have lost their content and some say "Array" ( its an output PHP produces when you try to "echo" ( display ) an array ).I had trouble updating the password but it was done. Guess it'll take a bit time to settle down. The move doesn't seem clean as the profiles seem broken particularly. Please look into the matter. :)

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
Nov 7, 2006
Delhi
^ Dude, Sushubh is trying to do that. He spent more 20 hours trying to get everything up and running. You didn't see the forum this morning. It was pathetic. It is much better now. To make it completely stable and running support of all the members is needed.

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
^^^ i have the same problem with pm too some pm's have the content "Array"lol i had forgot the other meaning of array!! i thought it was the one in hindi!! :Danyways the forum has just been moved so it will take some time to get normal. everyone is suggesting any problems and sushubh is trying to solve them. just have patience, it will take a while. :)

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yup i ended up having 350 PM messages none of which had any content. i guess that's what you get when you move from one platform to another. we lost some posts too. around 3-4% of the forum's total content. i guess another side effect. but i had suffered enough shit with IPB.i really do not think i can recover the older PM posts. just clean the dead PMs and start afresh. :( you can recover any important data stored there from the beta. subdomain.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
oh and i was wondering.. i never sent or got msg saying "array" in earlier forum.. lol.

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
Yes most PM's have been lost..they only show the word "Array" ..when i try to archive message in IPB..it wont allow me more than 50 mssgs