Forum Downtime...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 17,766
nope. its just lying there for reference. would remove it once i am sure that this forum is working fine. duplicate content is not going to help the forum.

I have lost all my subscriptions. I suppose forum subscriptionwere not imported from old forum or am i missing something?

well yeah a lot of stuff was not imported. two different software... like windows and linux 😛 u cannot expect complete portability? 🙁

ok, is there a quick way that i can subscribe to all threads where i have posted?

2nd: in the e-mail that i received it said:
There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more
notifications until you visit the forum again.

i may not be interested in the reply that was posted but i may be interested in new replies but this way i wont come to know, i will be forced to visit thread everytime to receive further e-mail notifications

also after notification abt reply in 1 thread, will i get notifications about reply in some other thread or not, if i do not visit forum?

Hmm this template is better than the default one i saw last night..i see an entry called "Rep Power" in the user profile..are we moving to a repping system now?Also, have u added the ranking hierarchy..cant understand the basis for differentiation between a Member and Senior member..though i dont mind being senior member 🙂

ok, is there a quick way that i can subscribe to all threads where i have posted?

I really cannot tell. You can for now check the threads with your replies and subscribe to them.
https://broadband.forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=13356

also after notification abt reply in 1 thread, will i get notifications about reply in some other thread or not, if i do not visit forum?

i think that is a thread specific setting.

i see an entry called \"Rep Power\" in the user profile..are we moving to a repping system now?

It's there to be used. If it is misused, i would disable it.

Also, have u added the ranking hierarchy..cant understand the basis for differentiation between a Member and Senior member..though i dont mind being senior member

I think I left the default 3 levels. 0,100 and 1000. it's similar to what we had in earlier forum I THINK.

I really cannot tell. You can for now check the threads with your replies and subscribe to them.
https://broadband.forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=13356

that i checked first b4 posting but the problem is i made abt 510 posts. i assume there must be some 80-90 threads. i can not open each thread and subscribe. it will take 2 to 3 hrs doing so.

although i do think of checking all my posts and fixing broken links. that must be merely 10-15posts total. if everyone does that then broken links can be fixed much easily and faster.

ok i did search on posts made by me (i.e. amish) and result format i selected as "thread" so that tells and shows me there are 132 threads in total.now if there was a way where i can simply tick all threads and click subscribe it wud be great!

cant seem to find an option for that. could have been useful. but i guess it would not be in high demand for the developers. 🙁

For the Forum subscription , can we have"instant notification by email" option ...

no that option is just for posts we created or replied to.what we need is if someone posts new topic to say "mtnl forum" it should send us a notification. it was there on earlier software. vbulletin just has daily notification option not instant notification.

also is there a reason not to allow HTML posts? i think atleast table should be allowed. its easy to post comparison table 🙂