Forum Downtime...

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the forum is expected to go down tonight for a platform changing experience. i am tired of ipb and plan to switch to vb... hopefully this would not bother you guys. would result in a lot of dead links though. :(

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
Nov 7, 2006
Delhi
Hurray! Finally! We don't mind the broken links, but seriously, all of us in here were fed up of IPB.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
oh yeah i was looking for a solution for that. :D search engine friendly redirects. even if they are to the homepage of the forum. :D

you will be buying a new license again.[/b]

heh. have no option. the open source forum softwares are simply not good enough. VB comes highly recommended from a source and i expect to get some help on making the forum more seo friendly. i simply have to kick some guy's ass with this forum.

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
do take a look on http://bbpress.org/ from the makers of wordpress nice board just too simple!

also do let this board available at different location

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
http://www.tradeshade.com/

i am already using that software on tradeshade. it is fabulous i agree. but good for support based forums. also translators are disappointingly buggy. also a lot of data would be lost in shifting to that software. it simply is too bare and basic. and not even in beta. :)

i would of course keep the backup. running it on a seperate domain? umm would be tough considering the license of this forum is tied to the domain and to move that to a new place could be a bit too complicated. :confused:

would think abt it. if it's not that complicated.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i did some testing and it seems to be complicated. but my IPB license is anyways going to expire on april 15. so i have more reasons to move now than ever.