• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,023

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Dear Admin,

Please forgive me if this is not the right thread for subject in question ie ethical hacking.

Friends,

I am currently in Mumbai and would love to join a training center where ethical hacking is taught. I am simple fascinated by the whole concept. I am hearing a lot about young graduates wanting to start a career in systems security via ethical hacking. Would love to work as ethical hacker and help companies and people secure their systems. Can you suggest me some good training companies in Mumbai based on your own experience if any? Thanks a lot.

Please note that I do not encourage any kind of unethical or criminal hacking of computer systems owned by corporations and/or individuals whatsoever. Thanks.

Institute of Information Security, Mumbai, Pune, Chandigarh, Thane

Institute of information security is a good reputed one , i was going to do CISC course but then OSCP got my attention and i have decided to do OSCP in next few months , OSCP is completely self study based and practical knowledge based online course by offensive security . Check it out here : Offensive Security Certified Professional

thundusrus, thanks a lot for the reply. It is good to know that Offensive Security offers online course as well. I have heard of this company before, I think it is involved in the development of Kali Linux, which I just downloaded off the net, thinking it might help me learn a few security assessment tools, but my knowledge is very little. I am very eager to learn the ethical hacking tools.

I was looking for someone to guide me and thank God, I found you here only. So, how much you paid for the online course? Do I need to have a fast internet connection to do this course? Are there any good books that teach you the tools available on e-commerce sites?

Thanks and please reply. Good day.

I am ready to pay someone who can teach me tools well. I am not too keen on going for a certification only. Practical knowledge is very important. Thanks.

I will be doing the course in few months so i dont know the exact amount but OSCP costs 800 USD for 30 days ( it will include online videos/ PDF and best part is there amazing lab ) . OSCP course will easily prepare you for practical knowledge .
The best way i developed my interest in this is by self study , since you already have kali linux , try all the tools and if you dont understand something check out youtube on how to use the tool

Here is a good website that i found extremely helpful for starting out ( best part is it was started by indian only ^^ ) : Welcome to SecurityTube.net

Go to the megaprimers section and start having fun with metasploit . Self studying is the best way to learn dont pay anyone to teach you the tools because tools are really useless in this field , if you dont understand why we are using the tool and when to use it or why not to use it etc , its just useless .
Try the tools yourself first , if you dont understand usage then watch youtube video , learn it then try it out . It will take time but its worth it

800 dollars ie about 50,000 rupees. That's quite a lot of money for someone like me. I think you are right in saying that I should try my hand at Kali tools one by one and then see how it goes. I think patience is the key. It is really difficult to find good videos on the subject though. I appreciate your advice, thanks a lot.

PM me if you dont understand something or have difficulty in finding videos on a subject , since we both have Common interest we can help each other .