Please suggest me a good ISP. I live at Ramapuram, Chennai

Which one is the best?

• Total voters
Hi everyone,

I know this is the same old question but i guess this will be a valid question all the time. Could someone suggest me a good ISP (preferably Wireless) with good speed? My budget is maximum Rs.1500/-

I live in Ramapuram area in Chennai.

I reviewed multiple ISPs such as Airtel, Tata, MTS, You, Tikona, Reliance and BSNL.

Currently I am using Airtel datacard and paying Rs.1500/- per month for 10GB 3G data. It's too costly. I blame myself for using that service over a year now.

I am looking for different ISP options. So far I have read many forums, like mouthshut. It appears Tikona is giving good services to many people. but they have thier downs as well.

The common con of all these network is, they don't give good service after the initial two or three months. And when we diconnect the services, they put additional charges and threaten by lawers that they will file a case in court etc.

I am totally confused which one I should go for.

Airtel - Cost issue
Tata - Not quite popular
MTS - Looks like a fraud company
You Broadband - Not much aware of this one
Tikona - Want to try but afraid
Reliance - No sir 😛
BSNL - What again? No

I would really appreciate if you all culd help me deciding a good ISP with your suggestions.

no reply? :'-( 🙁

In the last one year, i tried 5-6 ISPs in chennai. ACT, spectranet, tikona ,youbroadband, airtel and bsnl. EXcept for airtel and bsnl, others had heavy downtime, like even 1week. No problem at all with airtel, but as u said theyr expensive and the speed is low. Bsnl is not much different from airtel but i prefer airtel customercare (even tho i hardly need to contact them cos ive no problems).
If u dont mind heavy downtime and wierd speeds (act,spectr, you and tikona dont promise reliable speed) then try tikona.
if u want 100% reliable speed then go for airtel and bsnl.
Nvr tried reliance and i dont understand why i should, when they dont offer anything different from airtel.