Sify problem " IP Address conflict "

• Thread starter Thread starter vijaygopu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,427

vijaygopu

Dear Members,I am a new Sify broadband user.I am getting this problem at nightsSystem Error:IP Address conflict on the networkCould any one tell me what might be the reason for problem, and how to troubleshoot it. Is this problem lies with the sify network or on with the local system.I have not changed the ip address assigned by Sify.Thanks,Vijay

some other user on the same LAN is logging in using your IP. he could be using your account to surf the internet. or it could just be a case of mismanagement by the local sify dealer.

well, sify accounts are bound to MAC address, so if any one has duplicated Ip address, he cant use your acoount..so dont worry about that. Just change the last number in you ip address till the error message goes away. No problem in doing so..

Sushubh,Suppose if the problem is due to mismanagement by local Sify dealer, then whom should I approach, or any contact numbers of Sify customer care to notify the problem.I am based out of Hyderabad.I hope my problem will be solved with the help of members here.Thanks,Vijay

it should be easy to check if your account is being misused by others. its tough now with the Mac locking. you should check with your local dealer about this problem.or simply keep changing to a different local IP till u get a free one.

Ask your CTO to provide a new IP address

well, sify accounts are bound to MAC address, so if any one has duplicated Ip address, he cant use your acoount..so dont worry about that.

That not correct, even MAC id's of the LAN cards can be cloned..so if someone has ur username/pwd..he can use ur Account..It seems here the CTO himself is misusing ur account..could be another user on the network as well...i have seen it happen when i was on sify 2 yrs ago

The better thing you do is, Call those Sify people and ask for an Free IP. They will surely give you