BSNL to reduce 3G rates by 50% soon

• Thread starter Thread starter Navjot Singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,624
Per kb or plans as well?

Ok. Just read the last part. Nice.

Shrivastav said that to increase mobile internet traffic capacity BSNL is tuning its network for next generation internet ids known as IPv6 and adding more 3G capacity in its regional node centers.

Under phase 8, BSNL has plans to integrate wifi hotspots that it is rolling out in 2,500 cities and towns with 3G by end of next year to increase network capacity.

"We are integrating our 3G network and these wifi hotspots for offloading traffic from 3G network. To connect with wifi, BSNL subscriber would not require any kind of permission. The 3G subscriber will automatically connect with wifi hotspot once he is within the range and free 3G network," Shrivastav said.

Can someone tell me how is the speed and performance of BSNL 3G now?

@Raptor BSNL 3G is area depended,at one places it works fine but it can be headache at another. I used BSNL 3G, coverage was not good max I got was 250KBPS. Now using IDEA get around 600KBPS on my 7.2mbps handset

I really hope they actually begin work on this.

MTNL's GSM expansion has been stuck in limbo over the past year or so. Something about DOT not allocating the funds required to pay NSN.

if bsnl works, it works good. getting 5~8mbps easily. however connectivity depends on place to place. I get good coverage in home and college so im stuck with it.