• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,732

nosh

Regular
ISP
Hathway 256 kbps - Unlimited
Sushubh,

I quite like the recent board upgrade but is there any way to see if the threads where I am active have new replies?
Currently I go to my profile and under the posts tab I open all posts which I think may have replies posted. I bring this up coz I participate in the forum at donationcoder.com and there are some pretty helpful links provided at login, esp. the one that lets me see if my active posts have any replies.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1188/clipboard01at6.jpg

just for information :

Options --> Track this topic --> immeadiate e-mail notification

Can't it be automated? Like in vBulletin, you are automatically 'subscribed' to the thread which you post in, and if there ae new replies, those threads automatically appear in the UserCP.

I don't like my inbox flooded with mails from a forum. I would rather prefer these updates in a place like my UserCP 🙁 .

make a filter. forward mails to that filter. assuming you are using gmail.

^ That's fine. But I would prefer it to be here, on the forum itself.

This feature (the tick marks on topics in which I have posted) is very handy. If I'm in a hurry, I take a look at only the subscribed topics and not all of them.

This one shows the updates in subscribed topics in my control panel.

Thanks 🙂 .What does this mean - "Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present"?

i think there might be some option where you can set not to recieve updates on threads which have not recieved a reply in x number of days. cant be sure.

When a thread is updated what I get in my RSS reader is the thread title and the first post text all the time. Can something be fixed to show the new reply text coz of which the feed got updated?

i guess the top forum makers are not much into RSS currently. it really make sense for them to allow people to subscribe to all the latest posts in:the entire foruma particular foruma particular threadonly bbpress seems to have this functionality. i dont know abt phpbb or smf.