FM Radio

• Thread starter Thread starter raghavdayal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,815

raghavdayal

ISP
Tata
Guys I am just missing a place for discussing the FM Radio transmission related forum. Could You just make a forum so as we can discuss the various fm radio related issues here also.

what issues about fm radio?

what issues can one have about fm radio? you possibly cant say that you have problems with signal reception!! 😛

well , FM radio in general is a local radio . It is very diversified subject .interested persons / listeners should form local communities ( clubs )to discuss about FM radio . They can meet once a week / fortnight todiscuss various issues about the radio broadcasts and convey theirviews to the concerned radio executives ... @ Raghav , if you are interested , I'd suggest to start forums related tomassmedia / FM radio on a free web host ...

QUOTE(viralbug @ Apr 6 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]86470[/snapback]
what issues can one have about fm radio? you possibly cant say that you have problems with signal reception!! 😛[/b]

yes I have issues with FM radio signals and transmissions.
the Issue is when I enter a closed underground tunnel as in case of Delhi Metro. FM Radio signals drop and the hiss sound starts, Similarly when moving in a Indian Railways, the FM Radio transmission is distorted by the Cieling Fan activation. I need some kind of resolution. I am using Nokia 6030 as the FM radio receiver. there might be a lot of people travelling in Delhi Metro, kolkutta metro facing similar problem then in Mumbai locals and perhaps not missing the Indian Railways.
Please give me a solution to both problems if possible or At least if U know where to raise these questions please let me know.

^ FM signals travel in straight lines . I do not find any solution for
the signal dropping in underground tunnels . When moving in a
train / bus , we have to stay closer to a window / door to receive
FM radio signals ...

Here is a piece of old news (Jan 2003) - any one has more details ...
Recently the Indian Railways has licensed Sahara Group to set up a
radio service for select trains via the Worldspace satellite radio
platform. Sahara is to uplink its radio feed to the Worldspace satellite.
A receiver in each train receives the audio signal to re-distribute over
the train's internal public address system.[/b]

Its natural for FM signals to drop when thre receiver passes thru a tunnel.There is little an individual can do to resolve the problem. Only if the Delhi Metro authority want, they may install repeaters. That's the only soution.