PPP DOWN

mtnltriband

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 24, 2006
Hi freinds ,My mtnl triband is again not working well , frequent disconnections !!I get PPP DOWN error !whats this and how to reolve this issue Modem > Device Info > WAN Status : Down ( PPP DOWN ) ( whenever the problem starts I log into my modem and check device info > wan , here I get status down with PPP DOWN error ) pls help me in resolving my problem thanks in advance :) awaiting your help

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
This happened with me thrice in last 3 months. Once, it got solved automatically after 36 hours. The next time, the problem was specific to me. Call up GM Broadband Office , register ur complaint.....usually the problem is with exchange or ur port.

mystery_inc18

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
PPP is set frm the server side, so better call up 1504, well its past 8 now so u call em up first thing in the morning 2morow.

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
PPP down basically means that ur modem cant see the BRAS..most probably a port problem tell them to change ur port.

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
u dont know Bras?????

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
Nov 7, 2006
Delhi
Hey, my status is PPP down all the time! I thought that 'down' meant that data is being sent 'downstream' or something like that. My connection is working fine.

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
^ How can that be :blink: BRAS stand for Broadband Remote Access server..perverted minds :huh: